• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qanderson37

MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2022
    Middle River MD
    I purchased one

Ordered mine back in September, 160 day + lead time. And I thought waiting seven days was agonizing :lol: Ill post my thoughts and pics after i get it. They did have to get it listed on the MD handgun roster, they did that in the December meeting. Still not showing up there yet. I did get an email from them telling me it was approved.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    A friends father was selling an original one about 10 years ago. He let me look to see if interested. Sorry to say, after handling I wasn't interested. I found it to rattle too much. I liked how it looked but the loose fitting/rattling too annoying. It just didn't feel (or sound) quality. I know they had issues with galling and one way to deal was opening up tolerances but, it was too noisy for me.
    I hope those who buy enjoy it. They look nice. I settled for a BFR instead.

qanderson37

MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2022
    Middle River MD
    Demolition Ranch Review of Automag

I did receive this email after the Demolition Ranch review from Patrick Henry at Automag, just an FYI

"Hey Guys,

I am very disappointed in the Demolition Ranch review. It does not truly represent the new Auto Mag. Matt was using a demo gun that did not have the new helicoils installed in it yet and he completely ignored the workmanship, plus that it was totally reliable. Also, to call a recoil rod coming loose as an “explosion” is just not accurate. The truth always comes out in the end. The problem with YouTube is like much of the current media is that it is more profitable to only tell part of the story that gets the most attention. If any of you would like to discuss this further you can contact us at 843-756-0362.

Lastly, If you have already received your Auto Mag, I would ask that you to send us your personal impression of your new Auto Mag so we can get our customers prospective of their new firearm.

Patrick Henry
    Auto Mag Ltd"

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I'd love to have an AutoMag in .44 AutoMag.

Back in '79, when I bought my first revolver (S&W mdl 19-4) RealCo Guns (District Heights) had both an AutoMag and a GyroJet in their case.

The money wasn't bad, for each, it's just that they weren't practical.

IF I had been smart, I would've bought them, both.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The last I checked any factory ammunition for the AutoMag is running $3-$4 per round...if you can find it.

I know a gentleman who bought the last of the original inventory of the original parts. and the last of the norma ammo about 35 years ago. last I talked to him I believe he still had 2 pallets of 44 automag ammo left.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Digging up an old thread. I picked up an AMT Automag III (30 carbine) over the winter. Got it out to shoot for the first time at the MDTCA open house last weekend. Holy fireballs batman! :)
    Took a pic with it's brother from another mother (which has also been mentioned in this thread)

Attachments

• PXL_20230329_CoonanAMT_r1280.jpg
      PXL_20230329_CoonanAMT_r1280.jpg
      394.9 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads