• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    This is really just a variation on the old "ballistic fingerprinting" which worked so well in Maryland and New York.

It would make a LOT more sense to put the numbers on the people, perhaps some sort of mark on everybody's hand or maybe forehead.

The future?
    barraykarle.jpg

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This is really just a variation on the old "ballistic fingerprinting" which worked so well in Maryland and New York.

It would make a LOT more sense to put the numbers on the people, perhaps some sort of mark on everybody's hand or maybe forehead.

DC use to have ballistic fingerprinting too. My first gun in DC had to be fired there at MPD and they collected both the bullet and the casing.

But rather than discuss the efficacy of it I just wanted to note the law on the books, which ws set to being Jan 1 2018, but is differed, and the possible effect of California lawsuits on whether we may see it applied in future

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    The biggest fear you should have isn't whether your gun microstamps...it's will criminals now go to the range and pick up your spent cases and leave them laying around a body they just shot...You're going to need a range firing pin and an inspection firing pin...

An argument to make at the next hearing in support of microstamping. And in letters to the editor. And to call-in radio shows. And to the facebook pages of the idiots in favor of this.

Note to gun-grabbers: Criminals do not follow laws. Like ballistic fingerprinting, which was enacted and rescinded in this state, microstamping does nothing to stop a determined criminal, and is so easily defeated, it took me longer to type this than it would to alter a firing pin.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    An argument to make at the next hearing in support of microstamping. And in letters to the editor. And to call-in radio shows. And to the facebook pages of the idiots in favor of this.

Note to gun-grabbers: Criminals do not follow laws. Like ballistic fingerprinting, which was enacted and rescinded in this state, microstamping does nothing to stop a determined criminal, and is so easily defeated, it took me longer to type this than it would to alter a firing pin.

*****I agree with you, but people who are gun grabbers are generally not too knowledgeable when it comes to guns. All pistols, including water pistols, are apparently Glocks. All scary looking rifles are AR-15's with select fire and a thingie that pops up with a possible chainsaw attachment.

Many of my neighbors are CLUEless when it comes to guns. It's a waste of my time trying to convince someone that what they see in Hollywood with guns firing seemingly without ever needing to be reloaded, exploding bullets, knocking those shot off their feet, etc...

They just want to ban guns. Period.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    people who are gun grabbers are generally not too knowledgeable when it comes to guns.

Many of my neighbors are CLUEless when it comes to guns. .....
    They just want to ban guns. Period.

This of course means almost all Maryland lawmakers. I was "there" for the mag size limit hearing in the House, before Curt Anderson withdrew it under withering testimony (go ahead testifying naysayers, stay home and let others carry your water for yew. That bill wasn't killed because of emails or phone calls, it was pulled because folks who showed up to educate lawmakers made public fools of them. Mobility-challenged folks get a pass from me on this, but not able-bodied residents of AA county. But I digress.) Before doing so, he was genuinely surprised when he learned that machine guns are (for now anyway) legal in Maryland. That is but one example of folks having no clue what they are regulating. All they know is "Guns bad. Mkay?"

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

But, but, but ... if this law gets just one gun off the street, it'll be worth it, right?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Three six's might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom