• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is that saying that any semi auto firearm uses two direct actions with the trigger. Pull/release. It almost seems as though they are adding to and therefore changing some firearms definitions. How does one win a game where the rules are so ...

Even if someone has proof of applying to atf there will be arrest, arrest, attorneys, years waiting blah blah. Yup, they are winning. BICBWrong

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I don't give legal advice to people. If it were me, I would move it out of state as of Oct. 1 in the absence of legal relief. Again, talk to your own lawyer.....

Why? According to the law, as long as one has applied to the ATF we have another full year to wait to receive approval.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    The problem is that they are responding with an answer that they don't do it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And MSP is taking that public statment to mean that everyone is getting disapproved. Hence October 1 this year is the deadline, unless we get relief.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    And MSP is taking that public statment to mean that everyone is getting disapproved. Hence October 1 this year is the deadline, unless we get relief.

Have MSP actually said that?

Because the October 1 deadline this year just requires application not approval. The October 2019 deadline is when the law says we need approval from ATF.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

Because the October 1 deadline this year just requires application not approval. The October 2019 deadline is when the law says we need approval from ATF.
    While this is true, if you get an answer from atf saying they won't, you are not ok until 2019 imo.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

The MSP doesn't have to say it. They are not involved. It will be you and the State's Attorney in this dispute. The ATF has quite publicly said they are not accepting applications. Hard to argue with that. See https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/maryland-law-restricting-rapid-fire-trigger-activators

Last edited:

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    While this is true, if you get an answer from atf saying they won't, you are not ok until 2019 imo.

Where is that written in the law? If you are dissaproved how long do you think you have to dispose of your property?

According to what is written, the answer is October 2019.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Tac- Con 3mr

OK, bumpstocks and echo triggers clearly spelled out in the bill. Same with hellfire.

Anyone want to venture a guess on the Tac-Con? My read it's just another drop in replacement trigger. Or is it like hellfire in function? This is why we can't have nice things.

And hello from Howard County.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    After reading that I cant help but wonder if Frosh has failed his duty to keep up with SCOTUS rulings which goes against his personal beliefs that he is forcing upon the people of Maryland. He does not want to read and or know of said SCOTUS rulings because it will show that he is wrong and he can not accept the fact that he is wrong and force him to admit due to SCOTUS rulings in the past he can not force upon the people his personal views to make things go his way all the time.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    What are the chances that the judge is as dense as Frosh? Even the arguments against FSA 2013 were shot down due to a biased judge. Although this case has a stronger footing, it seems like judges are usually anti with these cases.

Q

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Here is the link to Opposition to State's motion to dismiss, as filed in the Bump Stock Case on Friday 8/31/2018
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...-public-documents/118-opposition-takings-case

I'm no legal expert, but that filing seems extremely well thought out, researched and annotated. Thank you.

It will be interesting to see if the court will somehow rule that the State's police powers will indeed trump the State's constitutional rights guaranteed in the Takings clause.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks for the link. It’s pretty comprehensive. After reading our arguments it seems totally inconceivable that the petition for a hearing could be denied, then I remembered this is Maryland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Come on ... we need to be rational and reasonable and pick our battles. A bump stock isn’t the same as, say, a magazine. It’s not an integral component of a firearm that’s necessary for its operation. It’s an accessory, plain and simple. It’s the same as a red dot sight. There is no way in the wide world of sports that we are going to convince even the most conservative court that the 2A protects the right to own a device that isn’t integral to, or necessary for the operation of, a firearm, especially a device that actually makes, in general, a firearm less useful. There is no way that there will ever be 2A jurisprudence that is even remotely similar in scope to 1A jurisprudence.

People want to spend - and waste - political capital on bump stocks. IMHO, that’s a stupid and useless waste of effort, time, money, etc. Not everything “gun” is important, and that’s one of the issues I have with the gun world in general - everyone thinks that God and Country should prevail because Guns and Murica. This accessory is not important, other than with respect to the idea that what was once legal cannot be made illegal without paying owners for the termination of that right.

"...Shall not be infringed."

in·fringe
    inˈfrinj/
    verb
    verb: infringe;
    actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.).
    "making an unauthorized copy would infringe copyright"

act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.
    "his legal rights were being infringed"
    synonyms:restrict, limit, curb, check, encroach on

Do as you wish, but I will not sit idly by while the "progressives" eat the 2A elephant one bite at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom