• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Does anyone have a template example of a successful letter used for G&S?
    A couple coworkers are asking me about what info the MSP wants to see. It seems they are able to get the FSO to write a letter. :party29:

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Does anyone have a template example of a successful letter used for G&S?
    A couple coworkers are asking me about what info the MSP wants to see. It seems they are able to get the FSO to write a letter. :party29:

Following--- for a friend :innocent0

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    What is the G&S? They just need to emphasize the sensitive job duties and the risks that accompany such duties. It's not that complicated.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    My understanding is that it needs to say you are cleared for TS or higher AND that you have access on a regular/daily basis.

AverageGuy

Jun 17, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Active TS or above, reoccurring/ daily access, OPM breach info., although never mentioned during interview. Keep G&S short.

Example: Active TS clearance with [agency/department], victim of OPM breach, daily access to classified information within [geographical location (e.g., Ft. Meade)].

Provide OPM letter and references. If you can get the FSO to be a reference it’ll move faster. FSO will need to in-writing and verbally affirm access and level of clearance. Your supervisor will also need to concur. MSP will provide instructions on format.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Active TS or above, reoccurring/ daily access, OPM breach info., although never mentioned during interview. Keep G&S short.

Example: Active TS clearance with [agency/department], victim of OPM breach, daily access to classified information within [geographical location (e.g., Ft. Meade)].

Provide OPM letter and references. If you can get the FSO to be a reference it’ll move faster. FSO will need to in-writing and verbally affirm access and level of clearance. Your supervisor will also need to concur. MSP will provide instructions on format.

How does one get those instructions from the MSP?

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    I've seen a lot of people sharing the restrictions they've been given along with their permit. What sort of restrictions are typically imposed using this method?

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    NSA Police had a meeting with MSP some months ago. NSAP explained that all employees have a TS clearance. NSA would therefore provide a Verification of Employment letter and MSP would accept that as G&S. The letter does not mention clearance information.

Unfortunately, MSP isn't accepting the verification letter.

AverageGuy

Jun 17, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    NSA Police had a meeting with MSP some months ago. NSAP explained that all employees have a TS clearance. NSA would therefore provide a Verification of Employment letter and MSP would accept that as G&S. The letter does not mention clearance information.

Unfortunately, MSP isn't accepting the verification letter.

Interesting, considering they met on the topic. However, MSP was specific in the format and it had to state clearance level. It doesn’t need to include special access. TS//SCI is sufficient. Folks put more than that on Cleared Jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom