• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Also look a little due north in east TN. Low property taxes, no state income tax and Con Carry as of 1 July.

We just got our first property tax bill, $419 for the year.

Yup. My Bama prop tax was $479/year. And that goes away when I hit 65 in Nov.
    Also no income tax on retirement income, so I pay ZERO taxes in Bama.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Lived in Md for 44 years. Finally retired and got the hell out. Moved to Texas for 11 years, now in Alabama. Held CCW in TX for 10 years & now 2 years in Al.
    Does MD recognize my Al permit, or any other states permit?

Where abouts? HSV here.

I couldn't resist.

I tried talking the wife into moving to Tay-has. She was having none of it.
    I'm working on Bama. I just need to find a house on a lake and maybe I won't have to leave he behind when I retire soon.

Smith, Wheeler or Guntsersville lakes.

I’m trying to talk wife into Bama. I think I’m getting close! Roll Tide

DO IT!

Al does NOT have Constitutional Carry.
    Permit required for CC. And yes, you can open carry a rifle.
    I don't know where press1280 is getting his info.

Open without a permit is perfectly legal in AL as long as you can A- legally own the gun, B- do not attempt to carry into areas where permitted concealed carry is banned and C- there is a loaded in vehicle restriction.

"Alabama is considered an "open carry" state, which means that most adults may openly carry a firearm without a permit. The Alabama State Constitution makes it clear that all citizens have "a fundamental right to bear arms" for self-defense and defense of the state (Ala. Const. Art. I, § 26)."

I don't know where you got your incorrect information from.

Now y'all considering moving to Alabama there are a few rules.
    1- you must cross the Maryland border with your windows down, Sweet Home Alabama blaring and a one finger salute rendered behind regardless of weather.

2- within 30 days you must declare for a team. If that has to be explained you ain't ready yet.

3- y'all is perfectly acceptable except in formal business meetings. Y'all can mean from to a whole group as a greeting or general address. Y'alls is 3-5, all y'all is 5+. Learn contractions such as y'all'd've for you all would have. Y'all contractions aren't hard just complex.

4- life is slower here, it's usually ****ing hot as sweaty balls in hell, deal with it.

5- life may be slow but do not drive like meemaw with a crock pot of gravy on the back seat. Especially not in the left lane.

6- NOBODY gives a **** how it was done up north, especially in Maryland.

7- the only illegal guns are those designed as walking canes.

8- barbecue is a thing not a verb. Barbecue is a smoked hunk of meat be it beef, pork, chicken, game or sausage. It is NOT burgers and dogs on the grill, that's a cook out you damned yankee.

9- sir, ma'am, please and thank you are required. So are smiling, nodding and holding the door.

10- the pulling over for a funeral on undivided roads is a thing, deal with it. Also goes for farm equipment that can crush your car or truck.

11- cotton fields are common.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks Bolts. I know about those lakes and they will be our starting point. :thumbsup:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Al does NOT have Constitutional Carry.
    Permit required for CC. And yes, you can open carry a rifle.
    I don't know where press1280 is getting his info.

Constitutional Carry. AL has had a bill advance for several years only to have progress stopped by desk drawer veto.

wolfdad

Older Shootin' Geek
    Mar 2, 2011
    Earth, I think..........
    We chose SC and can't get there fast enough. Of course, we picked the worst time to try to get a home built. Bought 57 acres in western SC. Saw enough water in 26 years in the Navy that I never want to see the ocean again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom