• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Great match. Thank you everyone for coming out and behaving like adults.

Next match is Saturday, December 7th. Beware, we will be reinstituting the par time of 30 seconds on each stage and 120 seconds on the Rouge Stage. In additions, revolvers are going to need some sort of speed loading device; otherwise, please leave it home and bring your race gun.

Look forward to seeing everyone again soon (just 3 weeks.)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another great match in the books. The weather cooperated and a good time was had by all, especially the Stage of Madness.

Hopefully Occam is putting up the drone video he shot today soon (hint, hint :D).

A reminder for the 7 Dec match, come shoot in the morning and then stick around for the MSI quarterly meeting which will be held in the afternoon at Memorial Hall.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Had a great time at my first Steel Challenge match. Everyone was very helpful and super nice.
    Thanks to Art, Katie, Greg, and the other members of Squad 2. My goals today were no DQ’s, no penalties, and don’t run out of ammo. I somehow managed to accomplish all three lol. Ended up 9th out of 17 in Production Pistol. Quite pleased with that. Special thanks to Mike Godwin (and the others involved) for putting on a great match, I look forward to coming back for many more. I’m hooked!!
    Need to skip the next one due to a prior match commitment somewhere else. I’ll be back in January!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hopefully Occam is putting up the drone video he shot today soon (hint, hint :D).

Hey, I had to get in a nap first. Now attempting a combination of video editing and bourbon sipping. This might just work!

Great time today - nice to see everyone and hear a chorus of good folks singing the song of our people, which goes something like: "Stand By! Beep! Clang! Clang Bing Ding! Clang! Show Clear!"

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Had a great time at my first Steel Challenge match. Everyone was very helpful and super nice.
    Thanks to Art, Katie, Greg, and the other members of Squad 2. My goals today were no DQ’s, no penalties, and don’t run out of ammo. I somehow managed to accomplish all three lol. Ended up 9th out of 17 in Production Pistol. Quite pleased with that. Special thanks to Mike Godwin (and the others involved) for putting on a great match, I look forward to coming back for many more. I’m hooked!!
    Need to skip the next one due to a prior match commitment somewhere else. I’ll be back in January!

Ok so we finally met in real life and I didn’t even know it.... Thanks for letting me borrow your mag loader and sorry I botched your iPhone video.

I can’t do the 7th either do to a family commitment but I plan to attend January.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Ok so we finally met in real life and I didn’t even know it.... Thanks for letting me borrow your mag loader and sorry I botched your iPhone video.

I can’t do the 7th either do to a family commitment but I plan to attend January.

I didn’t realize that was you either. We need to start wearing MDS name tags lol
    No problem on the video, you still got two others and I’m sure I’ll have many more opportunities.
    The mag loader is a must in colder weather!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Sneak preview
    DJI_0048.jpg

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Had a great time and had a great squad. I really enjoyed shooting with everyone. The stages were a ton of fun. As always, I learned something. (And earned a blister on my trigger finger that will remind me of my newfound knowledge for a couple of days) I likely won't make the next match because of my work schedule, and honestly I struggle when it gets super cold, but I will definitely be back!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Shooting steel is always fun. :gun2: Shooting steel with familiar MDS faces AND meeting new ones? Who could ask for more? (well, maybe a couple more degrees on the thermometer :tap: but we all survived).

A big thanks to everyone involved in making it happen :clap:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

It was a pleasure shooting with you. You did great. We look forward to seeing you again. :mdpatriot

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Another great match in the books. The weather cooperated and a good time was had by all, especially the Stage of Madness.

A reminder for the 7 Dec match, come shoot in the morning and then stick around for the MSI quarterly meeting which will be held in the afternoon at Memorial Hall.

I know the Stage of Madness isn't one of the official Steel challenge stages, but I hope it is a tradition that continues. It may be a little intimidating to start on that stage (I think I did last time:o), but it definitely keeps things exciting.

I couldn't believe the first little knockdown plates. At first, they looked so small...I was figuring on a mag change immediately after. I'm sure I missed some of those little &@#^%-ers with my shotgun last week :wtf: But, somehow, they didn't seem so small from behind the sights. Aim small miss small, I guess :shrug:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It was a pleasure shooting with you. You did great. We look forward to seeing you again. :mdpatriot

I know the Stage of Madness isn't one of the official Steel challenge stages, but I hope it is a tradition that continues. It may be a little intimidating to start on that stage (I think I did last time:o), but it definitely keeps things exciting.

I couldn't believe the first little knockdown plates. At first, they looked so small...I was figuring on a mag change immediately after. I'm sure I missed some of those little &@#^%-ers with my shotgun last week :wtf: But, somehow, they didn't seem so small from behind the sights. Aim small miss small, I guess :shrug:

Thanks for the all of the tips/info.
    I agree that the Stage of Madness needs to stay. It looks more intimidating than it really is but you definitely need to be sharp to do well there. I could shoot that stage all day, it’s a blast!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yes I liked the match. I actually ran some on the Madness stage, the first time since my left side total knee replacement in 2018. I am glad I had left my 56 rd. PCC mag in my bag. Could have used something bigger than 10s in my 10/22 but I adjusted. Next time I will bring a 25 just in case.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Turns out that trying to shoot video while also shooting two guns per stage means ... not getting a lot of video! But got some, and a hat tip to ToolAA, who I shanghaied into doing a spell behind the camera. He's a natural!

So here's a quick two minute taste of AGC's Steel Challenge on 11/17. It was a good day.
    [VM]374179445[/VM]
    The MDS forum software forces that small view you see above, so if you wanna go big, you may have to go off to visit the video on the Vimeo service, here:

https://vimeo.com/374179445/c24ba7fac0

If you haven't done one of these, it's even more fun than it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom