• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toobukume

Feb 19, 2010
    Westminster
    The Ruger 10/22 is the best selling .22 of all time. It's the most customizable with more parts availability than any other rimfire gun...but I think Marlin's 795 is better. I've owned both and I think I may be the first person to say I don't care much for the 10/22.

The Marlin comes apart much easier (doesn't require using a punch to remove pins). It was slightly more accurate for me. And it can be had a Dicks on sale for $100...so why buy anything else? (unless competition of course).

So what's your favorite 22?

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm coming to the same conclusion.

2 10/22's tend to stay home and I take the 795 (with $10 scope) and have a better time plinking.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The Marlin Model 60 Tube-fed .22 outsold the 10/22 for many years, not sure if it still does...I could hope, but I doubt it does now. For semi-auto, I'll take my old-school Model 60.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    marlin 39 is my go to fun 22 rifle. as far as a pistol its a tie between my buck mark and a good old single six.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Sorry, not a Marlin fan. I love my 10/22.
    If I went out today and didn't have a 10/22 or it wasn't available I'd get a Remington 552 BDL Speedmaster.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    The Marlin is a very fun gun and for the price can almost not be beat. Very accurate out of the box. Like my Savages too but the Marlin is just a lot of fun.

dressed up in a Boyd's stock for the 60:

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

toobukume

Feb 19, 2010
    Westminster
    I'm coming to the same conclusion.

2 10/22's tend to stay home and I take the 795 (with $10 scope) and have a better time plinking.

yeah. the only thing i really wish the 795 had was extended magazines. hopefully the aftermarket will have them soon. my brother and I have gone into the woods plinking and always prefered the 795 w/my $30 bushnell 3-9x X 30mm scope that they don't make anymore.

toobukume

Feb 19, 2010
    Westminster
    The Marlin Model 60 Tube-fed .22 outsold the 10/22 for many years, not sure if it still does...I could hope, but I doubt it does now. For semi-auto, I'll take my old-school Model 60.

when i was browsing around online for the best cheap 22, everyone pitted the 10/22 against the model 60. I honestly thought that the 795 replaced the Model 60 but it looks like they still make it. do you have any issues with the feed tube?

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I have a Puma PPS 22 coming back from Legacy Sports tomorrow (it failed to eject the shells more often than not). I can not wait to see if she is in working order.

There are a few other guys here that love the Puma PPS 22.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      23.9 KB · Views: 418
    Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I started disliking my 10/22 when I got some 25 round mags that were a source of constant frustration. The 10 round Ruger mags were okay, but who only wants to shoot 10 rounds at a time? With the new Ruger 25 round mag, shooting the 10/22 is fun again. If I get another .22, it will be a tube fed pump gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom