• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    In spite of the bad reviews online and the less than stellar reputation they have based on my mdshooters search of old threads I was thinking about going to Select Fire in Glen Burnie. The place is just so close it would save me a lot of time.

I see on their web site that you can shoot 5.56 and 762.39 but only if you use their ammo (frangible) and only if your gun has a sighting system. What do they mean by sighting system. I mean, I just have iron sights on both of my guns. Do they require you to have a scope or something?

Thanks for any info.

RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    I'd assume iron sights fits "sighting system" but you might want to call them to verify. You also might want to find out how much they charge for ammo since you have to use theirs. See how much they are gouging you for..

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I think I was last there in 1996. If it's the same place, I'm surprised they're still in business.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I just noticed that "On Target" is close too - but it does it does not look like they allow rifles - not sure - anyone been there?

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    If you go to select fire, let us know how you were treated. If they still have the No Cell phone sign up, they are anal about that, just so you know before entering.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I work 5 minutes from Select Fire and, prior to having an outdoor place to shoot, would go there 2-3 times per month. Still go in the Winter off and on. Not the friendliest place but I had no problems. Lunchtime M-F there would rarely be more than 2 other lanes in use.

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    It's fine as long as you follow the rules. I just go in there and ask for a lane and show them my ammo and firearms, then go shoot.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Funny, long before I had ever heard of MDShooters, I went to SelectFire in an attempt to do some shooting on a weekend. At first I thought they were closed as there was only one other car in the parking lot.

The kind gentleman behind the counter asked me if I had a cell phone on me, and I answered affirmative. He explained that cell phones cause problems with their alarm system and that I need to leave it in my vehicle, I explained that I am on call 24/7 and cannot do so, he stated it was their policy, I bid him good day and departed to never return. This was in 2005 or 2006.

They need a better alarm system if that is really the case.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I work 5 minutes from Select Fire and, prior to having an outdoor place to shoot, would go there 2-3 times per month. Still go in the Winter off and on. Not the friendliest place but I had no problems. Lunchtime M-F there would rarely be more than 2 other lanes in use.

That's about the only thing they're good for. It's almost always empty.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I was there a week or so ago. I was the only one there. They treated me nice,no hassle. I think they have improved but I don't think they will be there for long if they don't get more business. No cell phone issues,must have been resolved at some point. Give them another try if you haven't been there in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom