• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    OK, I'm getting soft in my old age and perhaps this will end up being the biggest PITA for the staff in the history of the forum, but here it goes…

We're offering up a one time opportunity for perma-banned members to apply for an amnesty to have their accounts reinstated.

People make mistakes and later come to regret them and, despite what some people may think, we're not in the business of trying to kick people out of here.

The mission of this forum has always been, and always will be, to bring shooters together.

Here's the deal…in order to be eligible to have your ban revoked and your account reinstated you must:

1. not have tried to circumvent the ban by creating other accounts.
    2. not have sent us hate mail as a result of the ban.
    3. not have advocated a criminal act or actually committed an act that reflected negatively on this community.
    4. not have threatened any member of the forum or the site staff.
    5. not have been banned since July 1, 2014.
    6. not have acted like a baby and ran around the rest of the interwebz trashing this community as a result of the ban.
    7. not have initiated, or threatened to initiate, any legal actions against this community or the site staff.

The process is as follows:

1. Use the contact us link to send an email to the site staff explaining why your application for amnesty should be considered and approved.
    2. The site staff will meet to discuss the application for amnesty.
    3. The site staff will come to a consensus on whether to approve the amnesty.
    4. The user will be notified via the email address on file if their application has been approved.
    5. There will be no notification for those applications that are not approved.
    6. Approved amnesties will be considered a permanent probation. There will be no future incremental bans or infractions and future violations will result in a ban with no possibility for amnesty in the future.

Additional conditions and considerations:

1. Those that are currently on temporary suspension from participation in the forum are not eligible to have their temp-bans revoked.
    2. The decision of the site staff will be considered final.
    3. The site staff is under no obligation whatsoever to approve any application for amnesty.
    4. Decisions will take time because all members of the site staff need to have time to weigh in on applications.
    5. All applicants understand that this is a one-time opportunity to demonstrate a good faith willingness to be a productive member and to do so within the well-established expectations of conduct.
    6. All applications for amnesty must be received no later than 11:59pm on August 15.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    That seems quite fair and thoroughly thought out.

The suspensions and bans handed out over the years have helped make this community strong and the forum extremely popular.

I didn't realize so many folks had been banned that this would even be considered, interesting.

The very few that I know were banned deserved it and fall into the still not welcome back catagory. Except one, but he and his entire family moved out of state. Not because of a dead horse head in his bed or anything; he just wanted to escape the taxes and constant infringements on his liberty.

I'll let him know he has this opportunity to rejoin the flock.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I didn't realize so many folks had been banned that this would even be considered, interesting.

There have been 343 perma-bans issued in the last 9+ years.

When you consider:
    • that there are 22,000 members
    • that some are Indian spammers that didn't have the accounts outright deleted
    • that a very few individuals, creating numerous accounts (sometimes as many as 15-20 accounts) are in there
    • the nature of the topics being discussed here and how it makes us a target for deliberately provocative interlopers

it's really not a lot of individual people being excused and it's a statistically minute percentage of the overall membership.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not that it's any of our business, but would you consider posting a list of reinstated members? it would be nice to know who's back.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    :lol2:First one down:lol2:NEXT

Yeah…before we get too far into the weeds here…we're not going to have people start listing names and asking about them or commenting.

So, everyone…don't bother because it will be deleted, for multiple reasons.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Not that it's any of our business, but would you consider posting a list of reinstated members? it would be nice to know who's back.

I would think it more appropriate for them to make their presence known.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yeah…before we get too far into the weeds here…we're not going to have people start listing names and asking about them or commenting.

So, everyone…don't bother because it will be deleted, for multiple reasons.

For those that didn't see it above.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Attachments

• US-President-Barack-Obama-pictured-in-Honolulu-Hawaii-on-December-23-2012-AFP_File-Jim-Watson-e1.jpg
      US-President-Barack-Obama-pictured-in-Honolulu-Hawaii-on-December-23-2012-AFP_File-Jim-Watson-e1.jpg
      28.4 KB · Views: 1,148

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Very benevolent of you Norton, Don et al. :thumbsup:

But remember the old Yiddish proverb: Forgive and forget. But never forget what you forgive. :D

Based on the 7 criteria, I don't think there will be many takers, but I am often wrong about much.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Very benevolent of you Norton, Don et al. :thumbsup:

But remember the old Yiddish proverb: Forgive and forget. But never forget what you forgive. :D

Based on the 7 criteria, I don't think there will be many takers, but I am often wrong about much.

Nobody can say that we haven't tried.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom