• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Its me. I couldn't justify keeping it for the little bit of sentimental value I had vs what they are selling for.

Like I said I bought one cuz I carried it as my entry weapon in my VICE days. I always thought it was cool but actually hated wielding it. I tried to want to love it after my buying it, a forced love, but since it wasn't THE ONE I carried and didn't have my department stamp, i couldn't hold on to it after seeing what they were selling for.

Also knowing the mark-up I couldn't list it here.

You should dontate $100 to MDS if you learned about the deal here.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/790151685

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You should dontate $100 to MDS if you learned about the deal here.
    He doesn't need to. One of the most generous folks on the site. Always helping folks here out of his pocket. I probably should donate on his behalf.

(And although I didn't buy, I did appreciate your timely heads-up about this amazing sale )

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This one with a fixed stock is at $771 (bidding started at $350) with less than 2 hours left ...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789737621

I suspect that it will go for over $800.

This one with a fixed stock is at $840 with an hour left in bidding ...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789738046

$836 and $854 for average looking fixed stock models. DANG

After shipping and xfer buyers are in for over $900

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    SOS is a great vendor and often has great deals, but they left way too much money on the table this time. They could have sold out charging $700 for the folders and $500 for the fixed stock models.

I’ve never seen 1,200 guns sell out in 5 hours from a national distributor and then see those same guns sell a week or two later for nearly $1,000 more. Freaking crazy.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    SOS is a great vendor and often has great deals, but they left way too much money on the table this time. They could have sold out charging $700 for the folders and $500 for the fixed stock models.

I’ve never seen 1,200 guns sell out in 5 hours from a national distributor and then see those same guns sell a week or two later for nearly $1,000 more. Freaking crazy.

They don’t care. It’s probably a profit formula they use. But yeah this whole thing is crazy.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Most of us wouldn’t have considered buying a $700 folder. Maybe a $500 one but most not.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    There’s three ONG guns for sale on the ARF Equipment exchange (although for high dollar amounts). Activity on the ARF thread is dying down a little as well. Hopefully this means prices will settle to less crazy levels as buyers have more options and more sellers lose interest and come forward.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Wow that escalated quickly. I thought they were really neat at the original prices and would have bought one if they were still in stock when I saw the thread, but $900 is a lot of money unless the gun has sentimental value . . . Don't drink and GunBroker, y'all.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Dang that just about paid for all 4!

I missed the sale completely so I’m out in the cold but I wouldn’t have realized the value in these. I probably would have only bought one each but now I’m fantasizing about having bought ten or more each (no idea if there was a limit) and selling 9 each at $800+. Damn. That would cover my latest BBP foray.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I missed the sale completely so I’m out in the cold but I wouldn’t have realized the value in these. I probably would have only bought one each but now I’m fantasizing about having bought ten or more each (no idea if there was a limit) and selling 9 each at $800+. Damn. That would cover my latest BBP foray.

Many guys tried to buy +10 but they put a limit of 2. Early buyers got as many as 4.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Many guys tried to buy +10 but they put a limit of 2. Early buyers got as many as 4.

I still would have been thrilled to death to have one.

To bad they didn’t limit to 2 total between them or something. I know ya’ll who bought a bunch are thrilled...but they probably would have had some stock by the time I came along about 2hrs after they sold out if they had limited it a little more.

Oh well. Win some and lose some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom