• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I could probably assemble a P228 in my sleep, and I've always thought it would be cool to build one. I might have to think about that... Which rail cutter / jig did you get for that?.

Matrix Precision. They are also the only ones selling the frame, AFAIK.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Hypothetically, why couldn't someone get any particular flavor of G-code (which is just a text file) to finish an 80% lower and print it out to be included with written testimony on this bill so that it becomes part of the official record. Then what are they gonna do?

I remember when someone had an encryption algorithm tattooed on them. At that time it required gov't approval to export crypto tech so they figured that they could not be deployed overseas while in the military.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm shopping around doing research now on 80% lowers for handguns. I quite honestly never wanted one or had any interest in building one until the pricks started moving to ban them. Now I figure if they want to ban it, it must be worth having.

Yep me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Welp, for right now it sounds like it time for us to remember the art of machining and run mills by hand.... or for us poor folks who couldn’t afford CNC anyway, keep calm and carry on (until they think to ban all homemade boomsticks, then we’re all just as fvcked)

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Welp, for right now it sounds like it time for us to remember the art of machining and run mills by hand.... or for us poor folks who couldn’t afford CNC anyway, keep calm and carry on (until they think to ban all homemade boomsticks, then we’re all just as fvcked)

Cut a broomstick in half and tie the halves together with string... congratulations you've created contraband in certain jurisdictions.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm shopping around doing research now on 80% lowers for handguns. I quite honestly never wanted one or had any interest in building one until the pricks started moving to ban them. Now I figure if they want to ban it, it must be worth having.

#METOO

:D

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    After the following grueling 2 days in Annapolis, here is the link to Del Dumas article to ban the home built firearm. This is reference to her "mental issues" student that she mentioned in testimony. It was a Glock 19, likely on a Polymer 80 (my guess).

All of us had powerful arguments. Not sure where this goes, but after discussion with legislatures, I doubt very much the bill will move as written. I think we may request serial numbers from MSP before the our home projects begin. California style. I made perfectly clear that as written, heirlooms will be have to be destroyed or moved out of state. I think they got this.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    After the following grueling 2 days in Annapolis, here is the link to Del Dumas article to ban the home built firearm. This is reference to her "mental issues" student that she mentioned in testimony. It was a Glock 19, likely on a Polymer 80 (my guess).

All of us had powerful arguments. Not sure where this goes, but after discussion with legislatures, I doubt very much the bill will move as written. I think we may request serial numbers from MSP before the our home projects begin. California style. I made perfectly clear that as written, heirlooms will be have to be destroyed or moved out of state. I think they got this.

This is my guess too, based on the reaction to testimony last night.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    And my fellow patriots, please don't forget the Fiscal Note that is associated with this non sense. SB737 (I think - the long gun bill) is already pegged at 3.4 mil. And that is conservative. SB882 will be even higher. They have to create a brand new system, tracking, additional background checks, etc. There will be no licensing card with this so no definite revenue outside of the typical 10.00 MSP fee (one would assume). I have had lengthy conversations and provided a detailed email to my Senator (on Judiciary fortunately), how unnecessary this thing really is. They would really like to go California style. I think the Fiscal Note will slow them down. Good to have met so many people.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you are who I think you are, my opinion of your testimony was that it was very eloquent and persuasive.

I thank you for the compliment. I am passionate about this and one thing was clear, we made it perfectly obvious that this entire session was simple overreach. No impact on any crime whatsoever. Heck, Del Dumas was even trying to make a black powder pistol into a firearm. That was the fourth time she introduced this. I have personally never met someone who is more anti-2A.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    In the context of the revolutionary time period, Maryland SB-882 is like:

• Maryland-style: King of England demanding home-made firearms from colonists that they manufactured after 1725
    • California-style: Maryland-style for all but the ones that the King of England grants them a serial number for
    The King represents a key concept in our nation's formation. The concept of tyranny. Tyranny is why we have a Declaration of Independence, a United States of America, and a Constitution of the United States of America.

Please don't be sucked into accepting the choice between two tyrannical bill styles. Maryland SB-882 is tyrannical in either form, Maryland-style or California-style. Senator West and others need to understand this. The founders enshrined the God-given right to keep and bear arms in second amendment, and that God-given right is how one fights tyranny.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It displeases the crown....

Attachments

• 630AFD19-1F95-4120-B6F5-08E4C8DF6174.jpg
      630AFD19-1F95-4120-B6F5-08E4C8DF6174.jpg
      115.3 KB · Views: 380

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster

So theoretically speaking if this is how things go does it leave the probably thousands of 80%'s built before 10/2019 SOL? I know there was legislation passed in Commiefornia with respect to 80% but not sure of the details - did their law require registering with the state and what was the status of already built 80%'s?
    Another thought: I'm sure a lot of people who would qualify for an HQL but never got one (for whatever reason) have probably built a pistol 80%. If it comes to registering with the state these folks may have a problem. This is a big can of worms--maybe best just let it play out in the courts as it now stands.

Last edited:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    So theoretically speaking if this is how things go does it leave the probably thousands of 80%'s built before 10/2019 SOL? I know there was legislation passed in Commiefornia with respect to 80% but not sure of the details - did their law require registering with the state and what was the status of already built 80%'s?

If it was home-made after 1968, you may no longer possess it in the state of Maryland as of Oct 1, 2019. Period.

If they decide to go California-style with this, Maryland would need to create a whole system around applying for, recording of, granting to, and securing serial numbers for home-made firearms. It would make those who never hear about this into criminals and those who do not want to serialize w/state have to relocate or destroy their handiwork.

Tyranny in either case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom