• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Been waiting a long time for this one. Here it is, bought it stock from midcounty gunshop [unregulated] Replaced the stock, forend, added a reflex sight and sling. Still to come is a MD-20 drum, and a breacher break.

008-2.jpg

Short Ride

Dec 31, 2008
    Dundalk. MD
    you should break that down and post a pic of what the bolt and gas system looks like,I want to see just how different they are from an AK on the inside

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    you should break that down and post a pic of what the bolt and gas system looks like,I want to see just how different they are from an AK on the inside

pretty much the same except the bolt is more cylindrical and everything is a bit bigger. comes apart just like the AK. I already put her to bed, maybe tomorrow I will post a parts pic.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    how do you like that tapco stock? when i first saw it i thought it was a genius way to avoid sending the gun out (tromix,etc) or doing the pistol grip yourself. does it feel good? does it feel sturdy when shooting? i really love the saw grip with compartment, i have one on my ak and ar.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    how do you like that tapco stock? when i first saw it i thought it was a genius way to avoid sending the gun out (tromix,etc) or doing the pistol grip yourself. does it feel good? does it feel sturdy when shooting? i really love the saw grip with compartment, i have one on my ak and ar.

I was going to do the trigger conversion until I mounted the Tapco stock. The stock is very solid and has a good feel to it. The stock is 10 times more solid than the factory saiga stock. The trigger isn't bad. So since I have everything I want, there is no need for me to do the conversion. That is also the Tapco forend on there and I like it as well. solid, pretty, and not a bad price for 42.00

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    If you do convert it, you will enjoy a smoother trigger with less creep. It made a difference on mine big time.

Question, how high above the bore is that red dot?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Question, how high above the bore is that red dot?

about two and a half inches from barrel to the middle of the glass, I know it's high, but I like being able to look through the mount and use iron sights if I wish.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

i put the same TAPCO T6 stock on the .223 a few weeks after you last shot it. i just needed one more part to make compliancy to use 30 rounders and went with that pistol grip stock. my only complaint is that you might need an M4 cheek riser (should just snap right on) because you lose that comfortable cheek weld you have with the factory stock and replace it with what i'd call more of a "chin weld". that took some getting used to.

for the price, you can't beat it i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom