• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I was at Freedom Armory last week and was looking at Walther PPQs, very impressive. That was the first striker guns that I found to be maybe good enough to buy. But that is in PA. So where is a dealer who stocks plenty of Walther pistols? I liked the PPQ Subcompact and the M2. And to top it off, I'd like to look at HKs as well, since the German guns could be a thing. Who stocks both Walther and HK handguns in abundance? I could not find any Walther dealers in MD through the Walther website.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I was at Freedom Armory last week and was looking at Walther PPQs, very impressive. That was the first striker guns that I found to be maybe good enough to buy. But that is in PA. So where is a dealer who stocks plenty of Walther pistols? I liked the PPQ Subcompact and the M2. And to top it off, I'd like to look at HKs as well, since the German guns could be a thing. Who stocks both Walther and HK handguns in abundance? I could not find any Walther dealers in MD through the Walther website.

Drop a note to Atlantic Guns in Rockville (or Silver Spring). They are an Industry Partner here, and I've seen PPQs on the wall, along with lots of other goodies. Things come and go, so ask before you drive. But they've always been great to deal with. Yes, it's Montgomery County, and their not-on-sale-at-the-moment prices reflect the reality of the costs of running a business there. But if you want to lay hands on, give them a call, see what's on the pegboard this week.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Thanks, I know Atlantic Guns. I've bought some CZ rifles there recently and was thinking about a CZ 75, but now I have to think about a German gun. I've been going to the Silver Spring shop since the '70s when my dad took me over there.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks, I know Atlantic Guns. I've bought some CZ rifles there recently and was thinking about a CZ 75, but now I have to think about a German gun.

Ironically, our most recent CZ pistol purchase came after going there specifically to look at and likely buy a PPQ match pistol they had on sale. Ended up going with a souped-up CZ 75 custom because it just felt better. The Walther's got a very specific feel to it, and while it's a very fine pistol, it just didn't scratch the same itch, ergonomically. The worked-over 75 and its beefy steel frame felt a lot more likely to behave in the intended setting than did the lighter weight PPQ. To be fair, didn't have a chance to hunt down the steel frame version of the PPQ for a proper apples-to-apples - but I learned enough about the PPQ's grip design to know the CZ was going to be the keeper. Total case of hair splitting, here - both are wonderful pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom