• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    I got this from a few sellers lately and don't understand it and cant find where it is posted for a law or regulation
    posted below is one response

dealer response after I won the auction
    I just looked up at MD regulations and it is unlawful to ship a C&R handgun to a C&R 03 FFL holder. It MUST be shipped to an FFL 01. So yes there are restriction you need to be aware of; since you live there.

Unfortunately I will not be able to ship to you unless you provide me of an FFL 01.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ask them to cite what they are talking about.
    Your likely to go no where with them but at least we will know what it is they are misinterpreting.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Still wrong, find another buyer who is educated.

There should be someway to flag them as a seller for violating the auction process. You won and there is no legal issue sending you your purchase. I hate this.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    bs_button_2.jpg

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just because he says so, doesn't make it so. Ask him politefully to cite the portion of the law that requires this. I have never heard of seen of such a law. I had my c&r for almost 20 years I guess, and have never heard of this. I have had many firearms sent directly to my home.

But it's crap like that that made me give up my c&r license. Far too many people think they know the law instead of doing what the law say.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I got this from a few sellers lately and don't understand it and cant find where it is posted for a law or regulation
    posted below is one response

dealer response after I won the auction
    I just looked up at MD regulations and it is unlawful to ship a C&R handgun to a C&R 03 FFL holder. It MUST be shipped to an FFL 01. So yes there are restriction you need to be aware of; since you live there.

Unfortunately I will not be able to ship to you unless you provide me of an FFL 01.

Wrong when addressed in the passed, still wrong now. FFL03 is a federal license. A state can't make federal rules. Dealers however can choose not to accept it a FFL03. Some just don't want to deal with it and will blame others for their decision.

Their house, their rules. Just find another

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    I agree with everyone else here. Totally legal to use an FFL03 on a C&R handgun in Maryland when purchasing from someone out of state. Just bought a Romanian Tok with my C&R from Classic a few weeks ago with no issue. However, in state should be done through a dealer, or even easier, at a police barrack.

What C&R handgun is it? The only thing I could think that the dealer is looking at is with the Maryland 10+rd magazine restrictions. If the magazine holds more than 10 rounds, you can still get the gun with your FFL03, but without a magazine included.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Unless the seller had a disclaimer in their ad beforehand, report them to the auction site. If they still refuse to honor the lawful sale, file negative feedback. It is not necessarily their house, their rules, as long as the transaction is lawful, it is the auction site's rules that they have to abide by. Last word if it is something you really want, lawyer.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Unless the seller had a disclaimer in their ad beforehand, report them to the auction site. If they still refuse to honor the lawful sale, file negative feedback. It is not necessarily their house, their rules, as long as the transaction is lawful, it is the auction site's rules that they have to abide by. Last word if it is something you really want, lawyer.

This is the approach I've more or less adopted on GB as well. If a seller states in the listing they don't ship to C&R holders, I move on...not wasting my time and I'll take my money elsewhere. If no mention of not honoring C&R and the firearm meets criteria however, I have no problem bidding, and will send C&R if I win. Haven't had any flat out refuse to ship yet but I would certainly file negative feedback and pursue all options to dispute through GB. I'm sick and tired of DEALERS, who are in the business of selling firearms, refuse to honor a FFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom