• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I could not find a thread with this answer (I looked). The only thread that existed was one I started in 2009. So rather than bring back that zombie, I ask...

Who does NFA in SoMD?

My guy moved out of state. I got two incoming suppressors. Who takes transfers in SoMD? I am in Calvert and perfectly cool with tabletop guys/gals.

Thx.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Freds. (not an endorsement, just reporting.)

:lol2: I know lots of folks here have no use for Freds. I will report that they did a can for me recently and it went well. They actually ordered a specific (Griffin Armament) piece that they hadn't heard about, brought it in for a fair price, and I recently got the paper back. There are a lot of personalities there, you have to figure out who to deal with (like a lot of gun shops, my first experience nearly drove me away). If you want to go this route, PM me, I'll try to run some interference for you.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I would recommend Bobs. Before you go to accurate arms & ammo make sure you look at what his charges are. $100.00 tranfer plus sales tax if ordered over the internet out of state.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I could not find a thread with this answer (I looked). The only thread that existed was one I started in 2009. So rather than bring back that zombie, I ask...

Who does NFA in SoMD?

My guy moved out of state. I got two incoming suppressors. Who takes transfers in SoMD? I am in Calvert and perfectly cool with tabletop guys/gals.

Thx.

I haven't had much luck with NFA FFL's in Southern Maryland. Right now I have two suppressors at Duffy's which is quite the haul, but worth it compared to the problems encountered with the FFL's down here.

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Be careful w/ NFA and Bob's. I have a close friend that had a can sent to Bob's and they were a PITA. They stated that they did E-forms before he got the can shipped in, then when it arrived and he went to do the paperwork, they had NO IDEA how to do it! Having multiple NFA items, he tried to help explain things to them and they said he didn't know what he was talking about!

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    :lol2: I know lots of folks here have no use for Freds. I will report that they did a can for me recently and it went well. They actually ordered a specific (Griffin Armament) piece that they hadn't heard about, brought it in for a fair price, and I recently got the paper back. There are a lot of personalities there, you have to figure out who to deal with (like a lot of gun shops, my first experience nearly drove me away). If you want to go this route, PM me, I'll try to run some interference for you.

I've had hit or miss experiences with fred's. I haven't bought a firearm or NFA there but i stop by every couple of weeks to check it out, and last week they had a decent amount of .22LR in stock. they had a sign saying you only could purchase the .22LR if you bought $25 in other merch... however i asked the gentleman behind the counter and he said i could buy 2 50ct boxes. 5c a round

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Be careful w/ NFA and Bob's. I have a close friend that had a can sent to Bob's and they were a PITA. They stated that they did E-forms before he got the can shipped in, then when it arrived and he went to do the paperwork, they had NO IDEA how to do it! Having multiple NFA items, he tried to help explain things to them and they said he didn't know what he was talking about!

Bob's was $75 per can (Holy shit!), but cheaper or equal to others. I got my stuff en route to them (before I read your post).

The e-forms thing was a recent cluster****, from what I can tell. I've always done the post and mail route, but the e-forms site went down a few months back. I wish I had used e-forms when they worked. ATFe is only taking form 1's right now. Form 3 and 4's are back to mail. This is a new thing, so I can understand how people are pissed at FFLs who did it, but then didn't.

Apparently ATF claims they'll have e-forms back in six months (sometime after Obama comes up with more NFA obstacles, I am sure).

I'm not waiting. Sending the paperwork now via pony express, if required.

Back to the OP topic: I found a few FFLs locally and the upshot is they exist. The downside is the cheapest will transfer for $75 and the more common price is $100. For a constitutional right. Ouch. I don't blame the FFLs, but really silencers are safety equipment. I don't get it.

EDIT: All the FFLs I talked to are already listed in this thread. Not holding anything back. Thanks again, all!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Skip still do stuff? I had a pretty pleasant experience with him, good communication, lots of help with the process.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Try Panda Tactical:

Eliott @240-xxx-nnnn
    I did. Nice guy and I would have worked with him, but already had stuff inbound to Bob's when he called back. He also followed up a second time, the next day (I wasn't sure when we initially talked if the dealer had already filed the Form 3 yet...they had). Maybe next time.

For reference, his rates were $100 per item. He's in Southern MD in the California Area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom