• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Indeed. Because most of them can't do things like fight this stuff in court (the only place it can be won when anti-gun voters outnumber pro-2A voters) while they are in jail, and bankrupt.

Which action, specifically, are you calling for? You've recently called for murdering elected politicians. Is that what you had in mind? Or are you thinking more about going after the people who elect them?

Another vague, hand-wavy reference to something better than the type of court battles that gave us Heller. Which was spectacularly meaningful as a foundation for what happens next. In order to help on that front, are you still talking about hanging people? Why so coy?

No, Maryland gun owners have been fighting OTHER MARYLAND VOTERS who overwhelmingly want to see guns go away, and who greatly outnumber us. The media is their partner/enabler/master (doesn't really matter which at any given time). The super-majority D legislature is the symptom, not the problem.

Of course. Because we've utterly lost the head count battle, ideologically, among our fellow Maryland citizens. Which is why it has to go to court instead.

"The court" doesn't get to do ANYTHING it feels like doing. People with standing and resources have to drag matters upstream through multiple courts to get it done. And that is WORSE THAN USELESS (it's actually damaging) until you have a SCOTUS that you think will actually uphold the constitution. We are JUST NOW seeing a slim chance that the lately filled seats in that court might be a hill worth dying on. You want to see "meaningful" work in this area? Do everything you can to help the GOP maintain the Senate and Trump to get another four years to name more federal circuit, appeals, and SCOTUS people we can safely approach with these seminal cases.

In the meantime, knock off the aspirational lynching comments. You really think that's going to help?

So tell me how many dead American citizens are you willing to accept while we wait for the courts who may or may not rule in our favor? How many people will die when they have their rights taken away from them? And what happens if the Supreme Court decides to rule against us? Will you obediently turn in your firearms? Are you willing to allow this issue to be passed on to your children and to their children and to their children at nauseam. Something has to give because everything that is being tried is not working. It could be fixed really fast if the Supreme Court would simply rule on the constitutionality of the entire second amendment but they have been shirking this Duty for decades. No I'm not calling for the murder of politicians. I'm simply saying they should be removed from office and not necessarily Through The Ballot Box. I'll say it again and I'll mean it again. Our founding fathers would be stacking bodies by now

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Something has to give because everything that is being tried is not working.

And I asked you, as I'm doing again now, what exactly you're talking about. Earlier, you called for murdering politicians. Is that what you meant?

It could be fixed really fast if the Supreme Court would simply rule on the constitutionality of the entire second amendment

They can only rule on what's before them. And it's only worth bringing before them things we stand a solid chance of winning. Because if we lose, it can be nearly impossible to undo those losses at that level. And that means having the perfect marriage between the right cases with the right plaintiffs and the right defendants over matters of just the right mix, before a court of at least a slim majority of the right kind of constitutionalist justices. Surely you are aware that we're only just now - by the skin of our teeth - actually seeing a court that matches that description? And realistically, we need at least one or two more seats on the right side of things. Which means holding onto the Senate and the White House ... which means NOT blowing both of those things by having the media filled with even more video of gun-totin', camo-wearin', rebel-flag-wavin' dudes loudly talking about murdering elected officials so the soccer moms on the fence can freak out and never vote for another Republican, ever. We MUST get Trump re-elected and hold the Senate, or it's over. Retain those, and we'll have what we need to reclaim the Bill of Rights.

No I'm not calling for the murder of politicians.

Other than when you do, in so many words. When you talk about hanging them, I'm assuming you mean "until dead," since you don't say otherwise.

I'm simply saying they should be removed from office and not necessarily Through The Ballot Box.

So, what, challenge them to a Very Serious Game Of Rock-Paper-Scissors? Be specific.

I'll say it again and I'll mean it again. Our founding fathers would be stacking bodies by now

OK, so you are indeed right back to killing them. Which, of the majority of the voters in states like Maryland (and now Virginia) are you thinking you'll get to change their hearts and minds and start voting for people you'd rather see in office, when they hear you talking about stacking up bodies? Would you change YOUR mind and start voting D if they threatened to stack up conservative bodies? No? Why not? And why do you think they will change THEIR minds going the opposite direction under the same threats?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So tell me how many dead American citizens are you willing to accept while we wait for the courts who may or may not rule in our favor? How many people will die when they have their rights taken away from them? And what happens if the Supreme Court decides to rule against us? Will you obediently turn in your firearms? Are you willing to allow this issue to be passed on to your children and to their children and to their children at nauseam. Something has to give because everything that is being tried is not working. It could be fixed really fast if the Supreme Court would simply rule on the constitutionality of the entire second amendment but they have been shirking this Duty for decades. No I'm not calling for the murder of politicians. I'm simply saying they should be removed from office and not necessarily Through The Ballot Box. I'll say it again and I'll mean it again. Our founding fathers would be stacking bodies by now

I know that you are dedicated to the cause for the freedom of Americans and the protection of the rights we have in our COTUS. And I know this is your "passion for that cause" talking.

However, stop for a moment to consider how your words above can be used against us all. The fact is that the left takes things completely out of context to further their agenda. They use anything and everything we say against us in the courts of public opinion. They want desperately to paint us as violent people who are aching and itching to kill them. So... WHY give them ammunition to use against us? We cannot afford to allow our own rhetoric to give them power over us.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I’ll be there with my friend Crispus Attucks.

Hoping to meet up with you. I moved to VA in July of 2019, just like me out of the pan into the fire.

For everyone else going to Richmond, please keep your head on a swivel. Wear body cameras/GoPro's. Have a plan if things go to hell. If you are riding with a group set up a place to meet away from the festivities. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hoping to meet up with you. I moved to VA in July of 2019, just like me out of the pan into the fire.

For everyone else going to Richmond, please keep your head on a swivel. Wear body cameras/GoPro's. Have a plan if things go to hell. If you are riding with a group set up a place to meet away from the festivities. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We will meet up. Leaving MD around 3.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I find it interesting how, having gone to several events in Annapolis, there's never been had the powder keg feeling being built up for this event.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I find it interesting how, having gone to several events in Annapolis, there's never been had the powder keg feeling being built up for this event.

That's the difference between free people and the subjects of MD. The free people in VA are willing to FIGHT to keep their rights. I watched 100's of armed citizens show up at several county events. To see more people at a non binding county event then I normally saw at any MD 2A Tuesday is a great thing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The best we could do in MD was 7000. No other States took interest, wallowing in their “safety”. VA succumbed to the liberal cancer quickly. If VA can fall, no place is safe. We need to make a stand. This is where it begins.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    These photos were taken today by Liberty Jon ok f the area around the Capitol building:

4a84b85e2412e9959f287e834d98a3ca.jpg
    78c91620324e89e46e0cde800cfc5ea4.jpg
    105568f35f3c112bf80f1de1d0a43e5c.jpg
    7026387c8b3276a21571d9aad1123df1.jpg
    c67320e95367e15a9310f428183523d9.jpg
    a75dcc33d8f4f2222456d068c28ea2e3.jpg
    2e1652a9cc26e5168e5135ebb5ae1c94.jpg
    f6dfa960bbd62f85a9fd5c39e54c4f67.jpg
    f85d640848a6e2d64ae26a81f0f3d134.jpg
    00817e5fef398e290416ea815ad328dd.jpg
    0842a992bf2128e11367ead9dcbd94c3.jpg

It's clear to me that they have never fought this fight before. When members of the VCDL talk about "voting them out" in a census year (when the Democrats get to redraw the election districts) and winning their hearts and minds with "kindness"...what kind of naive BS is this? They think they are going to dissuade anti gun politicians from voting for these bills..the cowardly liberals won't even be there Monday..

Oh3

Jan 2, 2016
    Carroll Co
    I’m afraid of some not so liberal people showing up stirring up trouble. They’ll start trouble to try to justify the disarming of the state. Be safe everyone and stay frosty.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    To all those on the ground there tomorrow, from those who are not, good luck, be safe, thanks for representing.

For those filming, inside, outside or at the gates, should something happen, please document as well as safety permits. Hopefully someone other than MSM will have good video vantage points.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom