• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was just thinking the other night that we hadn't heard anything from Feinstein in quite a while.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Virtue signaling to the base. No one expects this to go anywhere, except the delusional.

Why even say something so stupid out loud then?

Me personally, I avoid saying stupid things as much as I can because then, well, people might think I'm stupid and not pay as much attention when I have something smart to say. Politicians always seem to have a reason behind what they are doing.

Lets say she is saying ban magazines now, but her "compromise" is a 10 round limit. That is the type of stuff I think of when I hear them say "ban magazines".

Someone had a great cartoon up of a cake being gun control in another thread. They kept asking for half the cake and calling it a compromise until there was no cake left. If I find that cartoon again, I'm going to save it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Optics.

Appearance is everything, when you are seeking votes from the emotional uninformed. Gotta keep your name in the news, so your base remembers who you are. Her base doesn't care whether it's stupid; they may not even realise it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Me personally, I avoid saying stupid things as much as I can because then, well, people might think I'm stupid and not pay as much attention when I have something smart to say. Politicians always seem to have a reason behind what they are doing.

Lets say she is saying ban magazines now, but her "compromise" is a 10 round limit. That is the type of stuff I think of when I hear them say "ban magazines".

Someone had a great cartoon up of a cake being gun control in another thread. They kept asking for half the cake and calling it a compromise until there was no cake left. If I find that cartoon again, I'm going to save it.

Here you go...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/this-cake-is-the-best-way-to-explain-gun-control/

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The thing to remember in this, and in the impeachement circus, is that Republicans successfully voted to repeal or modify the ACA at least 70 times while Obama was in office and the Dems controlled the senate. Nothing came of that because the House, on the whole, is overcrowded and powerless to do anything serious without the Senate also doing the same.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

My take on it is 2020. Putting their ideas out for people to see going into the 2020 election, and then they can say "well look we have this idea, ready to go, but the Republicans are blocking us."

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Optics.

Appearance is everything, when you are seeking votes from the emotional uninformed. Gotta keep your name in the news, so your base remembers who you are. Her base doesn't care whether it's stupid; they may not even realise it.

I almost want to copy the first half of this and make it a Facebook status for fun. This is great but sadly so true with these goofballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom