• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Over the weekend I picked up a M1935A out of MSP jail (I get it, should get a C&R license already). I have wanted one of these pistols for years, and I can say quite firmly I am not disappointed by it. The father of the Sig Saeur P-210 (as the patent for the M1935A was purchased by them), the M1935A was a handgun designed by Charles Petter and manufactured by SACM (Société Alsacienne de Constructions Mécaniques).

The particular model I have is a bit special, however. My particular pistol was produced during the Nazi occupation of France and has a WaA251 stamp to show for it. The finish is the typical French black enamel paint, and my particular pistol shows signs of heavy use (although the mechanical condition and barrel are excellent). My only regret with purchasing this pistol is the ammo which is, quite sadly, extremely hard to come by. It can be reloaded for, but not very easily. A shame really, as I greatly enjoyed my first range trip with it.

Now, I have to find myself an actual Sig P-210. Yeah... my wallet is gonna hurt.

Jul 1, 2012
    That's actually in really nice shape for one of these.
    A lot of times the enamel is badly worn/chipped off on all the edges and just in general.
    "C" prefix to the S/N so right in the middle of occupation production.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Very nice indeed!! I'm a big fan of these as well. Interesting design and they feel great in hand. I've owned 4 that were German marked, but down to one really nice pistol/holster rig now. Sold off the others as prices increased on them the last couple years. I think these are still undervalued compared to other German WWII military pistols, especially given the relatively low numbers (19k or so under German occupation if memory serves) compared to tens or hundreds of thousands with other models the Germans used. Guessing the lack of ammo options plays a role in that to an extent. Correct holsters are pretty hard to come by and can be pricey when correctly identified. Same goes for spare mags, which as you probably know have enameled but blank baseplates. Post-war mags are marked 35_A on the baseplate.

Congrats on a nice one!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Good find! I've been watching these lately to get a handle on current pricing. Def. on the rise, along with other German issue French pistols like the Unique and MAB. I'll dance in the street if Starline comes through with brass for these. A fair amount of French 1935a and 1935s pistols out there begging to be shot.
    Still looking for just the "right" SAGEM 1935S and German issue MAB Model D to come along.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Made a run at a pristine 1935S, pre M1 modification, last weekend. This one was listed in Eugene M's book on the French 1935 pistols and was made not long after VE Day in '45. But someone else wanted it real bad and I dropped out when bidding to me was $800. Oh well, back to grindstone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom