• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I think that a lot of the good people here only think they know what it's like to live in lower MoCo. The cognitive disconnect and all-encompassing hatred by the left that runs the county (and, essentially, the state) cannot be explained. It has to be experienced.

QFT. Have lived there almost my whole life, and while it was kinda hippy-dippy left when I was a kid (60s), somewhere about 30 years ago things veered even harder left. And kept going.

These days my wife won’t let me put an NRA decal on the car for fear (legit) that it would be vandalized. MDS keeps me sane...

Echo6mike, going mobile...

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Now I want an AR lower with the rollmark of the two birds. Like the PHU Joker from spikes just "birds up" or the mdshooters two middle finger smiley face

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Where has that gotten you the past six years? "It could have been worse"? Please, you can't get much worse than Maryland for gun laws and for personal freedom in general.

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/overall/maryland

https://www.inverse.com/article/37141-state-gun-law-maps

Why? Because when you go to Annapolis to testify, if you are polite and kind and respectful they don't pay you any mind. They get on their phones, play computer games, get up and walk out of the room, etc. They couldn't give a rat's ass about you and your testimony.

Usually, I like you. In this instance, I am finding you quite irritating. Are you implying that if we all called them names and flipped them off would help? Quit your arm-chair quarterbacking. You left. Not your fight.

NYRangers917

Oct 6, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    QFT. Have lived there almost my whole life, and while it was kinda hippy-dippy left when I was a kid (60s), somewhere about 30 years ago things veered even harder left. And kept going.

These days my wife won’t let me put an NRA decal on the car for fear (legit) that it would be vandalized. MDS keeps me sane...

Echo6mike, going mobile...

yep had my jeep egged and nra/trump stickers defaced, while parked in rockville town center last year. libs be crazy.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Usually, I like you. In this instance, I am finding you quite irritating. Are you implying that if we all called them names and flipped them off would help? Quit your arm-chair quarterbacking. You left. Not your fight.
    I'm implying that you guys have spent six years being polite and respectful and gotten nowhere from it. It's time to change tactics, polite doesn't work.

As far as not my fight, I'm a U.S. Citizen who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Furthermore, I have many friends and family members in Maryland who I fight for. I may return to Maryland one day, I don't know what my future holds. I can trace my ancestry in Maryland back to the 1700's. So, yeah, this is my fight.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm implying that you guys have spent six years being polite and respectful and gotten nowhere from it. It's time to change tactics, polite doesn't work.

As far as not my fight, I'm a U.S. Citizen who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Furthermore, I have many friends and family members in Maryland who I fight for. I may return to Maryland one day, I don't know what my future holds. So, yeah, this is my fight.

Wait, does giving the finger make things better? Will we gain more doing it that way? You tell us we have been doing it wrong. They think we are a bunch of emotionally labile time bombs. Does showing that behavior somehow make things better? Explain how. Seriously.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It's time to change tactics, polite doesn't work.

Be specific. Go into the room shouting? Shooting? Throwing stuff? What specifically are you saying that, done with more theatrics and insult, would have actually won over hearts and minds among the committee members? Specific, real, honest answers - not just rhetorical lobs from outside the room on the other side of the Mississippi.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Wait, does giving the finger make things better? Will we gain more doing it that way? You tell us we have been doing it wrong. They think we are a bunch of emotionally labile time bombs. Does showing that behavior somehow make things better? Explain how. Seriously.
    After a decade of being polite they think you are all push-overs, all bark and no bite. They have no respect for you, they despise you. Mopar got through to them more than any polite testimony did.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Here is something to do. SPREAD THE WORD. Spread it to all the gun owners, FUDS, Hunters, and casual shooters that you know.
    I wrote this up and printed it out so every parent and child at the junior air rifle club tonight can have a copy. You can cut and paste it where ever you like. Stick it in emails, post it on bulletin boards, post it on the book of faces, give it to your neighbors, etc edit it change it do what you want but get the word out because A lot of people still don't know what is going down.

While you were at work, at home, at school, shopping or whatever you were doing there were Patriots fighting for your rights in Annapolis Maryland, where for over 20 hours straight they manned the ramparts to testify against the anti-Second Amendment bills that have been proposed by members of the Maryland General Assembly.
    The play by play of the fight is here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232964
    One of the important voices was Maryland Shall Issue: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php
    And another, see the “We Shall Not Comply” shirts is Patriot Pickets: https://patriotpicket.org/
    Please support both by joining and donating to protect your rights. And call, write, and email your Maryland representatives to voice your opinion.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    After a decade of being polite they think you are all push-overs, all bark and no bite. They have no respect for you, they despise you. Mopar got through to them more than any polite testimony did.

You have nothing. Seriously.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    MOPAR certainly could have handle it better. But that is no where near what I have been called by these Anti-2A folks. I think a small measure jab does work on an occasion, this I think is one of those occasions. I don't have a problem with well though out laws, but this is not the case. I haven't been here but a few years and to me ever year it gets worse. These individuals have demonstrated that it is a concerted effort to remove guns entirely from this nation, and penalize those that use, collect, construct, and manufacture them. I will never understand the Maryland insanity of "Good and Substantial". We arm the military to fight and defend themselves and the nation on our behalf, we arm law enforce to protect themselves and us. Maryland position is the "minority" in this nation. To be alive is all that you need to defend yourself. We need no new laws, we need law enforcement. We need better mental heath care. We need to overhaul our correctional system, offenders need to be stratified. I don't think first time offender should be lumped in with the hard convicts. It just makes for a criminal university. Murder in some states gets you a one way ticket to the death chamber, in my home state they are not afraid to use in on the seriously depraved. But some people, that is not a deterrent, and none of these proposed laws would be a deterrent.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Be specific. Go into the room shouting? Shooting? Throwing stuff? What specifically are you saying that, done with more theatrics and insult, would have actually won over hearts and minds among the committee members? Specific, real, honest answers - not just rhetorical lobs from outside the room on the other side of the Mississippi.
    Get angry. Show the anger. Call them out by name when they are playing computer games. Let them know you are tired of their BS and won't take it anymore.

Or you can be polite and soft spoken and see if this year that approach miraculously works after six years of failure. We all know what Albert Einstein said about insanity.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All right, everybody chill out.

The Mopar92 hand “signal” was a momentary Braveheart battlefield gesture that was meant to be seen by our tormentors as well as our friendlies.

Sadly, there are some here that are afraid of their own shadows when it comes to confronting Democrats.

So, enough with the internet handwringing that our opponents love to see.

Look at the guts it took FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL yesterday to don a shirt with a bold message like ”We Will Not Comply”!

We expected the tormentor posts that “”FBI should identify every WWNC shirt wearer” and our response is **** YOU!

Send me more Bravehearts!

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    MOPAR certainly could have handle it better. But that is no where near what I have been called by these Anti-2A folks. I think a small measure jab does work on an occasion, this I think is one of those occasions. I don't have a problem with well though out laws, but this is not the case. I haven't been here but a few years and to me ever year it gets worse. These individuals have demonstrated that it is a concerted effort to remove guns entirely from this nation, and penalize those that use, collect, construct, and manufacture them. I will never understand the Maryland insanity of "Good and Substantial". We arm the military to fight and defend themselves and the nation on our behalf, we arm law enforce to protect themselves and us. Maryland position is the "minority" in this nation. To be alive is all that you need to defend yourself. We need no new laws, we need law enforcement. We need better mental heath care. We need to overhaul our correctional system, offenders need to be stratified. I don't think first time offender should be lumped in with the hard convicts. It just makes for a criminal university. Murder in some states gets you a one way ticket to the death chamber, in my home state they are not afraid to use in on the seriously depraved. But some people, that is not a deterrent, and none of these proposed laws would be a deterrent.

Mental healthcare has improved over the decades and the problem has gotten worse. Better mental healthcare is just code for "a list to take away guns." We need parents to be parents, stop encouraging inner city mothers to have baby daddies rather than husbands, and stop neutering parents if they discipline their kids. It is a societal change and this push to mental healthcare is a dog whistle.

This country, this state and region especially, needs toughening.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Rack, did any of the Fudds get any shirts to wear? Thought I saw a few, only assumed by the contents of their conversations

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Here you go:

braveheart-mel.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Mental healthcare has improved over the decades and the problem has gotten worse. Better mental healthcare is just code for "a list to take away guns." We need parents to be parents, stop encouraging inner city mothers to have baby daddies rather than husbands, and stop neutering parents if they discipline their kids. It is a societal change and this push to mental healthcare is a dog whistle.

This country, this state and region especially, needs toughening.

Our mental health care is abysmal. As in, almost non-existent in MD. Mental health, on the other hand, is getting worse. Safe spaces etc. People are more fragile than ever.

Every year you lose more freedom in Maryland. The polite approach has decades of failure, back to the Saturday Night Special ban. Why do you think this year it will be different?

Again, explain how the other approach will get us what we want. I have no expectation that this year will be better than any other year. Do you understand they psychology of power? That's a rhetorical question.

FWIW, I'm fine with what Mopar did. I just don't see it getting anywhere.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    All right, everybody chill out.

The Mopar92 hand “signal” was a momentary Braveheart battlefield gesture that was meant to be seen by our tormentors as well as our friendlies.

Sadly, there are some here that are afraid of their own shadows when it comes to confronting Democrats.

So, enough with the internet handwringing that our opponents love to see.

Look at the guts it took FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL yesterday to don a shirt with a bold message like ”We Will Not Comply”!

We expected the tormentor posts that “”FBI should identify every WWNC shirt wearer” and our response is **** YOU!

Send me more Bravehearts!

:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom