• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    It's a fight we're going to lose. Period. Throwing money at MSI did nothing to stop the travesty that became FSA2013.

I beg to differ. Find a copy of the original bill, then read the law as passed.

MSI did not "stop" the travesty, true, but their folks and others reduced the sting.

I must ask, are you going to do something, or nothing about the current infringements underway because you are so sure of defeat? Is moving your answer? If so, take a look at whats happened to formerly solid 2A safe places like nevada, arizona, Texas, etc..

As the sniper's motto goes, you can run, but you'll only die tired. Please stand with us and fight tyranny at home.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    so this passed?

what happen to outlawing the ar-15 or is that yet to come in the other bill on Monday. Sorry i get confused trying to follow all this and help where i can!

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    so this passed?

what happen to outlawing the ar-15 or is that yet to come in the other bill on Monday. Sorry i get confused trying to follow all this and help where i can!

Yes, there are so many it is tough.
    All proposed laws are ready to go to committee next week. House bills Monday the 25th, Senate bills Wednesday the 27th. If they make it out of committee, then they'll go to a floor vote eventually. We need to work hard to kill them in committee.

This thread, as the title indicates, is SB737 and deals with proposed legislation requiring registration of all long guns.

It's HB612 that is what you're thinking of. That would ban hbar's, specifically Colt's that were previously allowed. If passed into law, would go into effect 10/1/2019.
    Here's the link to it:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232261

There are threads discussing specific proposals and there are threads that have info or links to the 19 total number of gun related bills.
    Take some time to search the MD 2A sub-forum. Most of what you need is there.

And this:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5484610&postcount=823

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yes, there are so many it is tough.
    All proposed laws are ready to go to committee next week. House bills Monday the 25th, Senate bills Wednesday the 27th. If they make it out of committee, then they'll go to a floor vote eventually. We need to work hard to kill them in committee.

This thread, as the title indicates, is SB737 and deals with proposed legislation requiring registration of all long guns.

It's HB612 that is what you're thinking of. That would ban hbar's, specifically Colt's that were previously allowed. If passed into law, would go into effect 10/1/2019.
    Here's the link to it:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=232261

There are threads discussing specific proposals and there are threads that have info or links to the 19 total number of gun related bills.
    Take some time to search the MD 2A sub-forum. Most of what you need is there.

And this:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5484610&postcount=823

It is more than a bill about registering long guns. There is so much more and so much more horrible stuff in it. License to buy long guns. 7 day waiting period. No more than 1 in 30 days. Duplicate licenses if you want to buy handguns and long guns (and all of the costs, etc. involved). Need a license to rent a long gun, even at a range or clays facility. Universal background checks. On and on.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    It is more than a bill about registering long guns. There is so much more and so much more horrible stuff in it. License to buy long guns. 7 day waiting period. No more than 1 in 30 days. Duplicate licenses if you want to buy handguns and long guns (and all of the costs, etc. involved). Need a license to rent a long gun, even at a range or clays facility. Universal background checks. On and on.

Absolutely. Just pointing him to the bill he referred to in his post.
    Thanks for filling in the blanks on HB737!

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

CDh8.gif

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    https://www.facebook.com/mdreps/posts/10156307504464842

The MDGOP just launched this petition and are going to put some weight behind it.

Let me guess, Hogan. Right?

Perhaps go to the 'Introductions' forum, and post up to establish your bona fides:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

IMHO, the MDGOP is to gun rights, what fire is to the Scarecrow.

Hopefully you'll post up, but if not:

giphy.gif

Not too much imagination with the screen name, this person doesn't need to establish their bona fides.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Interesting things on that Facebook page. Looks like Maryland can't pass a law that puts citizens and legal aliens in from of illegal aliens with the award of scholarships. I kind of wish I didn't go there now.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The 2A constituency is like an abused dog owned by the Republican party. 95% of the time, we are neglected and beaten.... then when they want something (like our vote), it's all, "WHO'S A GOOD BOY?!" Getting pretty tired of the one-sided relationship.
    Pretty accurate.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The 2A constituency is like an abused dog owned by the Republican party. 95% of the time, we are neglected and beaten.... then when they want something (like our vote), it's all, "WHO'S A GOOD BOY?!" Getting pretty tired of the one-sided relationship.

It's true. We should be telling them "F-you. I voted for you because you are the lesser of two evils. I don't like you".

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Does this bill require you to register long guns you already own?

In its current form no. It requires all new purchases to be registered (well, all those done through an FFL. C&R to C&R, just like FFL to FFL doesn't appear to require registration. And of course Criminals purchasing guns illegal don't need to register per Haynes vs US. Only non-criminals can be required to register guns. I mean, seriously, WHAT. THE. F. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States . No I wouldn't expect criminals to comply, but the fact that they literally can't be charged with a crime for failing to register, but an otherwise law abiding citizen CAN be charged is beyond the pale)

However, if you are an out of state resident and establish residency in Maryland, as per handguns, all of your long guns must be registered. I think it is a $10 or $20 fee (for all guns, not per gun). Then you have to provide a description, make and model, serial number, your DL# or SONDEX#, name, address, date of birth, hair and eye color, ethnicity, weight, height, a sperm or egg sample, 4 written letters of recommendation and please no stool samples.

I may have been slightly exaggerating on the last 3. However, all the rest is required.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    In its current form no. It requires all new purchases to be registered (well, all those done through an FFL. C&R to C&R, just like FFL to FFL doesn't appear to require registration. And of course Criminals purchasing guns illegal don't need to register per Haynes vs US. Only non-criminals can be required to register guns. I mean, seriously, WHAT. THE. F. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States . No I wouldn't expect criminals to comply, but the fact that they literally can't be charged with a crime for failing to register, but an otherwise law abiding citizen CAN be charged is beyond the pale)

However, if you are an out of state resident and establish residency in Maryland, as per handguns, all of your long guns must be registered. I think it is a $10 or $20 fee (for all guns, not per gun). Then you have to provide a description, make and model, serial number, your DL# or SONDEX#, name, address, date of birth, hair and eye color, ethnicity, weight, height, a sperm or egg sample, 4 written letters of recommendation and please no stool samples.

I may have been slightly exaggerating on the last 3. However, all the rest is required.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom