• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Good luck everyone, and thank you for stepping up to support Deb.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Did you ever sit in class and listen to nails on a chalk board ? That's the sound libtards make when they open their mouths. They need to take the word " higher learning " out of the college vocabulary.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Sorry I couldn't make it. How did it go?

I had to leave before it was over. I believe that all of the firearm related issues were covered before I left though.

For the most part I thought it was civil.

But, I was depressed with the amount of opposition to the firearm bills. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but, to see it in real life was just depressing. It made me glad I am not on blood pressure meds.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My take away, and I'll mention it to Deb, is don't discuss HQL and CCW at the same time. Too many Libtards can't understand the difference. It would have been better if the bill pertaining to HQL (OK online training and eliminate the 1 shot) on one page, the go to the highway bills or the oyster bills, then go on to the CCW (pre approval by MSP before you spend big bucks and time on training and fingerprints and CCW good for 5 years and renewal 5 years)

Too much of the time was listening to the opposition thinking 1 shot wasn't enough if you were going to be carrying a handgun etc. Some guy even wanted an HQL (LQL ?) to purchase a long gun. (Since they're used in so many crimes I guess)

Lunch at Courtney's was fantastic. If you ever get down that way try the Soft Shell Sandwich

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Some more thoughts. Considering we were only a couple miles South of a super liberal college, their turnout wasn't too bad. What got me was how many other liberals were there. The County has gone Republican the past couple of years so I guess some carry over is to be expected.

Dinner time, more as I think about things

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Considering we were only a couple miles South of a super liberal college, their turnout wasn't too bad. What got me was how many other liberals were there.

That surprised me too. I didn't expect so much idiocy from older folks.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    My take away, and I'll mention it to Deb, is don't discuss HQL and CCW at the same time. Too many Libtards can't understand the difference. It would have been better if the bill pertaining to HQL (OK online training and eliminate the 1 shot) on one page, the go to the highway bills or the oyster bills, then go on to the CCW (pre approval by MSP before you spend big bucks and time on training and fingerprints and CCW good for 5 years and renewal 5 years)

Too much of the time was listening to the opposition thinking 1 shot wasn't enough if you were going to be carrying a handgun etc. Some guy even wanted an HQL (LQL ?) to purchase a long gun. (Since they're used in so many crimes I guess)

Lunch at Courtney's was fantastic. If you ever get down that way try the Soft Shell Sandwich

I noticed that too. I mentioned that it should be noted that there was a difference, after many folks seemed to be confusing the two.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet many folks there. Was a pleasure meeting Guns and Rotors and Jambone (I think that was his screen name).

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    We had a really strong MDS turnout, and for a while I thought it be just us. I think 80% of those in attendance arrived at or a little after 10. The folks from RVFD had to keep going back for more chairs. Definitely some wacky lib-speak but overall a good event and we certainly had them outnumbered.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    We had a really strong MDS turnout, and for a while I thought it be just us. I think 80% of those in attendance arrived at or a little after 10. The folks from RVFD had to keep going back for more chairs. Definitely some wacky lib-speak but overall a good event and we certainly had them outnumbered.

we definitely had them out numbered. Deb had even mentioned the turn out was great the norm was 30 people. I'm going with a 100 maybe ?

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County

I especially enjoyed the part where some lib/anti wanted a show of hands of who was for the campus gun ban, and who was against. I don't think he got the results he hoped for.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones

We definitely outnumbered the snowflakes. Their arguments were based on feelings and fear. They were vocal and passionate, but never lost their cool. Believe it was faculty and one particular professor's wife who were the most shrill, with arguments and scenarios devoid of any firearm knowledge, logic, or general problem solving skills.

General Observation: Delegate Rey was patient with them, but never wavered in her support of our 2A freedoms. Toward the end, she allowed an HB 159 'for/against' show of hands. Imagine the snowflake's shock when they realized they were merely a vocal minority ... priceless.

I noticed that too. I mentioned that it should be noted that there was a difference, after many folks seemed to be confusing the two.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet many folks there. Was a pleasure meeting Guns and Rotors and Jambone (I think that was his screen name).

:thumbsup: Was great meeting you too, Sir!

Met a few more MDS members. Thank goodness most of them were named "Tom", so I could remember their names. :D

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I especially enjoyed the part where some lib/anti wanted a show of hands of who was for the campus gun ban, and who was against. I don't think he got the results he hoped for.

Same here. Great minds?

Got sidetracked by a Bullitt car chase (playing now) and didn't notice your post until I finished my previous post.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Folks,

It was a great turnout for the 2A community! I got there about 0910 with the doughnuts and spoke to Sgt Watters of the SMCSD (of COURSE I offered a doughnut, but he declined). I let SGT Watters know why we were there and that we were just "friendly faces" and he was cool. He lingered outside the vast majority of the time, only coming in to take a quick look and use the head, but it was good to have him there.

Then I went and talked with the firehouse guys, who were all very cool and very much in our camp.

TrailToy showed up next and then the 2A patriots just kept rolling in. Pretty much killed one box of doughnuts, which was awesome. I figure we had at least 20 folks all told. About 0945, I rolled up the MDS flag and the doughnut boxes and went inside. Folks streamed in pretty much all the way up to 1000 hours, with quite a few of the Prius crowd coming at the last minute. Deb's husband Jeff and daughter Maddie were there getting people to sign the "guest book" and put down their emails.

One interesting thing Deb did was to lay out all the schwag that lobbyists had brought by her office. She offered it up to the constituency, which I've never seen before.

The firehouse guys DID have to keep bringing out more chairs: they had three empty bays and we filled about two of them. When I figure out how to do photos again, I'll post them.

I'm not going to bore you with what the other patriots have already said, but I did enjoy the show of hands part, knowing that MDS was representin'.

Then, five of us adjourned to Courtney's for everything from bacon cheeseburgers to oyster stew to rockfish baskets to a soft crab slammer. My Mrs. joined us later. Unfortunately, between engaging with constituents after the meeting and having some other meetings, Deb wasn't able to join us until the rest of the crew went home, so she came down and had a soft crab slammer and talked to Captain Tommy about the oyster questions that had come up at the town hall. He was able to shed some light on things AND put forth some opinions of his own. Then, it was off to a fire department thing for Deb.

She wanted me to pass along her sincere thanks for all the MDS folks who were there - it was awesome and she noticed. And as mentioned, even in the face of some pretty stiff opposition, she didn't run and hide from her position as a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment.

Photos to follow.

Irons

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Photos from Deb's Town Hall.

Irons donuts.jpg

meeting.jpg

courtneys.jpg

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Not being anywhere near this event and having other commitments I was unable to attend this event. However, I just wanted to say how encouraged I am about others being able to mobilize in numbers in other areas of our state when called upon. Especially to aid our supporters in the Legislature. Del. Rey never fails to stop by and engage the Patriot Picket and even get her picture taken with us when deployed in Annapolis and other metropolitan areas.

The second Man Up Monday is tomorrow night. Deplorables 2A Tuesday is the following morning 2/7. Both on the edge of Lawyer's Mall. If possible come on out for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom