• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Fellow patriots, I am a local guy and campaigned for Deb.

My view: it's probably best to be there in a low-key, Patriot Guard kind of way.

I think the best way to fight the snowflakes is to let THEM be the over-the-top appearing ones and for us to be the dignified, thinking, reasonable people we are.

If there is media, and we show up looking all Duck Dynasty, that's what will get published, not the reasonable men/women.

If UC Berkeley is any indication, all we have to do is let them hang themselves - we don't even have to bring rope. I doubt it will get all that nasty, but we need to be prepared to be the High Road guys, turn the other cheek, etc.

My opinion. If you disagree and want to make more of it, then I suggest you talk to Deb: it's HER forum.

Irons

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Since I had not committed to a weekend event, I thought a country drive might help for numbers.

I intended full camo, maybe signs tbd tomorrow. If over the top. I will crawl back to my hole.

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South
    I don't want to discourage anyone, but let me see if I can contact Deb and find out what kind of "help" she wants. A full-blown, pro-2A thing may or may not be what she wants.

Irons

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't want to discourage anyone, but let me see if I can contact Deb and find out what kind of "help" she wants. A full-blown, pro-2A thing may or may not be what she wants.

Irons

Darn good idea.

FYI, when we counterprotested the Demanding Moms in Annapolis on Tuesday there were a bunch trucked in from all points to make a crowd, followed by chanting and periodic large clouds of some type of smoke. Just sayin'...

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South
    OK! Some info:

I just spoke with Deb on the phone. There may be people there protesting and there may just be people there who are unhappy in general with the election who want to vent at the nearest Republican. The possibility of a "protest" is something she got third-hand.

This Town Hall is NOT solely a 2A-focused thing, but is her normal attempt at doing in-session reports from Annapolis to her constituents in the heart of her district. While the campus 2A stuff may (and probably will) come up, there are other issues of note for her constituency that should/will too.

I asked her, "What do you want the MDS/Pro-2A community to do for you?"

She said that since it wasn't just a meeting to address gun bills/campus issues, that she'd rather it not go full-on pro-2A with signs and so forth. She would really appreciate friendly faces/attitudes in the audience and a show of support from the conservative community in general. No full-camo, empty-holster stuff is required or desired, but support IS.

My recommendation is that we get there a bit early (the thing is at 10, so let's be there 30-45 minutes early or so) and get good seats.

Afterward, we could adjourn to the most excellent Courtney's Seafood in Wynne, MD for the best fried rockfish in the world for lunch. That's just a suggestion. If the herd wants that, I can put the MDS flag on my Toyota pickup and lead the way down there after the Town Hall.

You guys are the best! Thanks for the quick and enthusiastic response. Deb is humbled and delighted by the support.

Irons

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    OK! Some info:

I just spoke with Deb on the phone. There may be people there protesting and there may just be people there who are unhappy in general with the election who want to vent at the nearest Republican. The possibility of a "protest" is something she got third-hand.

This Town Hall is NOT solely a 2A-focused thing, but is her normal attempt at doing in-session reports from Annapolis to her constituents in the heart of her district. While the campus 2A stuff may (and probably will) come up, there are other issues of note for her constituency that should/will too.

I asked her, "What do you want the MDS/Pro-2A community to do for you?"

She said that since it wasn't just a meeting to address gun bills/campus issues, that she'd rather it not go full-on pro-2A with signs and so forth. She would really appreciate friendly faces/attitudes in the audience and a show of support from the conservative community in general. No full-camo, empty-holster stuff is required or desired, but support IS.

My recommendation is that we get there a bit early (the thing is at 10, so let's be there 30-45 minutes early or so) and get good seats.

Afterward, we could adjourn to the most excellent Courtney's Seafood in Wynne, MD for the best fried rockfish in the world for lunch. That's just a suggestion. If the herd wants that, I can put the MDS flag on my Toyota pickup and lead the way down there after the Town Hall.

You guys are the best! Thanks for the quick and enthusiastic response. Deb is humbled and delighted by the support.

Irons

Thanks for the update/recommendations.

I'll relay at work to any MDS members/enthusiasts I see today. Pretty much only conservatives come to work on their day off, so I should at least be able to snag a few retired dot.mil types who live south of gate 2.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Mentioned it a work today, should have a few more bodies there. One lives almost next door to the firehouse and is a member of the department, another lives right up the street.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    ........My recommendation is that we get there a bit early (the thing is at 10, so let's be there 30-45 minutes early or so) and get good seats.

Irons

So how are we going to know who's who? I'll be wearing my NRA hat and jacket

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South
    People are asking how we will know each other. I'll put an MDS flag on my silver, 4-door Toyota truck and stand around until I go in, probably around a half hour early.

If you still have it, you can wear your little orange ribbon or blue piece of paracord from the pro-2A testimony in Annapolis over the last couple years.

If you don't have any of them, just wear or bring a ball cap. NRA, camo, Glock, whatever. I think it'll be pretty clear who the fellow travelers are.

Afterward, we can rally around the truck again and head to Courtney's, which is literally only a couple miles away at the end of Wynne Road. Best rockfish ever.

Maybe Deb will go with us. Captain Courtney is definitely a fellow patriot: Vietnam Veteran of the Army Signal Corps. Was in Da Nang for the first rocket attack by the VC. Great guy: still goes out every day in an open boat to check the nets...at 70 years old.

Irons

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I'll be there with jambone.

Spoke with palladin at work - says he'll try to be there. He's been a member here since 2009 but has been inactive - very active at Sanner's Lake though. Tried several others who had commitments out of town. Even Mrs. GnR is out to cover a vet appointment. Sorry, best I could do this time.

Silver or dark blue Super Duty, NRA hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom