• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    happening today (11/18) and tomorrow (11/19) at sanner's lake sportsmen's club.

all firearms and ammo are provided. perfect event for the new shooter. walk ons are ok.

entry gets you a ticket for the raffle. the firearms used at the event are raffled at the end of the shoot.

side matches (texas star w/ shotgun and plate rack with 22 pistol) can be shot independently of the 3-gun match. just pay the separate fee.

see attached flyer for more info.

Attachments

• toys4totsshoot.jpg
      toys4totsshoot.jpg
      102.6 KB · Views: 257

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    Had a great time at the match today. First time in any sort of match or reactive targets and everyone was great. Couldn't beat the weather either!

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    the match directors did a fantastic job as well as all of the volunteers. weather Thursday- Saturday was unbelievable. perfect weather for an event like this.
    took my daughter out today to shoot. she had a blast!!!

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Absolutely well run, as usual.

My wife had taken the Women on Target class at Sanners, but hadn't fired other than her Ruger LCR in 22 LR.

She didn't leave a single piece of steel standing anywhere, even with a 9mm Sig, Shotgun, or 22LR M&P. She even cleaned the Texas Star. Cleaned the plate rack with one shot per.

Great times, great folks, great cause - even had a Marine in uniform at registration thanking everyone.

This is a must-do.

Irons

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Would have liked to attended but this wasn't posted until Friday morning and when I looked up the registration it seemed like my chance as a walk in was pretty slim. Although it was my day off I didn't have all day to stand around and wait for a chance to shoot

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Would have liked to attended but this wasn't posted until Friday morning and when I looked up the registration it seemed like my chance as a walk in was pretty slim. Although it was my day off I didn't have all day to stand around and wait for a chance to shoot

What He said.

Please post up in advance (Sanners, not OP) if they have another like this.
    Sounds Great.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Guys, next time come anyway! There are very few events at Sanners that have long lines and wait times.

I was just going to shoot and ended up volunteering all afternoon yesterday. Great event, and I'm told we raised a ton of money for the kids. Next year I'll have to do better on the Texas Star. Starting at the bottom didn't work this year.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    My wife and I were walk-ins at about 1400 Saturday and waited no time at all - just the normal wait our turn for each stage.

Never assume pre-registration is disqualification.

Irons

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    What He said.

Please post up in advance (Sanners, not OP) if they have another like this.
    Sounds Great.

they do it every year in November. I didn't see it posted this year so I posted it in the southern Maryland section. once I know and have a copy of the flyer next year, i'll post it.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    Absolutely well run, as usual.

My wife had taken the Women on Target class at Sanners, but hadn't fired other than her Ruger LCR in 22 LR.

She didn't leave a single piece of steel standing anywhere, even with a 9mm Sig, Shotgun, or 22LR M&P. She even cleaned the Texas Star. Cleaned the plate rack with one shot per.

Great times, great folks, great cause - even had a Marine in uniform at registration thanking everyone.

This is a must-do.

Irons

results if you haven't seen them:

pistol plate rack side match: https://practiscore.com/results/new/28580

shotgun texas star side match: https://practiscore.com/results/new/28579

3 gun match: https://practiscore.com/results/new/28581

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member