• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Just got my 97B back from Cajun Gunworks an hour ago. An SAO trigger and a race hammer were installed.

i-W9GD46Q-XL.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Just got my 97B back from Cajun Gunworks an hour ago. An SAO trigger and a race hammer were installed.

Not trying to be a smartass, but why convert a 97B to SAO? Why not just start with a higher end 1911?

Do you prefer the ergonomics of the 97b, or the extra 2 rounds?

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Not trying to be a smartass, but why convert a 97B to SAO? Why not just start with a higher end 1911?

gun.

True, but for me it is all about trigger pull. I love this gun, but my hand is small for this full size gun. This conversion will make the trigger closer and shorten the reset.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Looking forward to a range report!

I was at the Machinegun Nest today with my 97B and my new HK P30. I had with me 100 rounds of .45 Wolf and 50 rounds of 9mm Wolf and 50 rounds of WWB 124 grain. Today was the first time I shot my P30. I am familiar with the P30 though as I have a P30L since 2009.

The P30, at 7 yards, was accurate defensively. All 100 rounds were in the middle torso that could be covered by my hand. The 97B was a lot more accurate than the P30 though as expected. The group was a lot tighter that I started shooting at the head area of the target. And the recoil of the 97B was just a tad more than the P30.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD

CZs have a very different grip and ability to get very high on the gun to lower the bore axis. Result is that many people can control the recoil flip a little better than a 1911. Then there are the people who shoot shadows, czechmates, or Tac sports who want the same feel in a 45. If you shoot IDPA, 97 mags are easier to get lined up and into the gun for reloads too. CZs are also not picky about Ammo and just plain run.

Oh, and high end 1911s are $$$$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom