HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    People still do drugs and abuse them and die at a massive level. These laws aren’t for protecting people, they’re for keeping the prison industrial complex packed with legal slaves.

We have to be able to make our own decisions in life. If someone wants to try drugs and dies… that’s on them. They’re not so “ innocent” if they fire up the crack pipe and take one to the dome and kick the bucket for doing so. Innocent would be like little jimmy eating an ice cream cone and someone laced it with dope. Pretty sure that’s already illegal
    Oh... kay...

Until your free will and poorly arrived decisions lead the death of innocent people. If you don't like it here, go to California.

Your "little Jimmy" example is ridiculous. Picture little Jimmy walking in a crosswalk and getting flattened by some dude nodding as he drives down the street. Or worse yet, is so cranked up he doesn't give a shit and turns little Jimmy into road pizza.

Just so you know I'm not talking through my ass, you could say, I was no altar boy in my younger years. I know of what I speak.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Dafuq are you talking about? You must have a relative on the inside playing to your sympathies to get you to put money on the books.

You've obviously never been inside a prison and seen those "legal slaves" playing X-Box, watching TV, attending all kinds of BS programs funded by tax payers, getting copious amounts of meds they don't need, etc... Played that game for a couple of years before switching to LE and there are others here I'm sure still work inside that will back up what I'm saying.

If the prisons are designed to rehabilitate people, why are they incentivized to maintain such high occupancy levels?

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Oh... kay...

Until your free will and poorly arrived decisions lead the death of innocent people. If you don't like it here, go to California.

Your "little Jimmy" example is ridiculous. Picture little Jimmy walking in a crosswalk and getting flattened by some dude nodding as he drives down the street. Or worse yet, is so cranked up he doesn't give a shit and turns little Jimmy into road pizza.

Just so you know I'm not talking through my ass, you could say, I was no altar boy in my younger years. I know of what I speak.

Here’s the thing, laws are already on the books making these things illegal and people still get lay wasted in the streets from drunk drivers and people smoking dope and driving. My point is these laws aren’t stopping them, they’re just getting people locked up and hitting our wallets thru taxation. Laws don’t stop people from abusing themselves or others

How do you suppose we stop the drug epidemic?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here’s the thing, laws are already on the books making these things illegal and people still get lay wasted in the streets from drunk drivers and people smoking dope and driving. My point is these laws aren’t stopping them, they’re just getting people locked up and hitting our wallets thru taxation. Laws don’t stop people from abusing themselves or others

How do you suppose we stop the drug epidemic?
    Because "everybody's doing it" is nothing but a pathetic excuse.

How do we stop the drug epidemic? Not by legalizing it. The abuse is still there. Believe it or not, some people DO quit. The wise ones do, anyway.

By your logic, you're solving the homicide epidemic by legalizing homicide!

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Because "everybody's doing it" is nothing but a pathetic excuse.

How do we stop the drug epidemic? Not by legalizing it. The abuse is still there. Believe it or not, some people DO quit. The wise ones do, anyway.

By your logic, you're solving the homicide epidemic by legalizing homicide!

You didn’t answer my question, how do you stop the epidemic, with more laws?

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Oh... kay...

You do realize the same result comes from booze.

I've never done drugs or smoked marijuana. Are you saying that I'll start once legal?

The point was made in this thread. Those that want to do drugs are going to do them regardless. These weak drug laws aren't stopping anyone.

BTW...what about people that choose to do drugs responsibly? Why should they be punished because people abuse drugs?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Do a little research on private prisons, i.e. for profit
    Private prisons for profit are not making money off of inmate's work. They are making money off of government paying for their lodging. Its NOT the same thing as slavery (except for those of us footing the bill).

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    People still do drugs and abuse them and die at a massive level. These laws aren’t for protecting people, they’re for keeping the prison industrial complex packed with legal slaves.

We have to be able to make our own decisions in life. If someone wants to try drugs and dies… that’s on them. They’re not so “ innocent” if they fire up the crack pipe and take one to the dome and kick the bucket for doing so. Innocent would be like little jimmy eating an ice cream cone and someone laced it with dope. Pretty sure that’s already illegal
    SF is one clue but you will find more throughout CA, OR, and WA.

This is a societal problem with likely well over 100K bums and junkies on the west coast living a feral existence of theft, robbery, prostitution including sex trafficking, drug dealing, assaults, you name it, to feed their drug habit which likely exacerbates or creates a mental issue. These are not one off's but rather a large negative impact on society: trash everywhere, eroding levees, shitting in the streets or creeks/rivers, etc.

In other words, it's not just on them; they are making life a PIA for others including me. And this was brought on by many factors but a big one being the decriminalization of drug use.

I have a cousin in MD who is a junkie. The amount of grief and anguish he has caused his Mom and Stepdad is nuts. 35 years old and just a junkie bum is a waste. So it's not just the user getting high; it's a negative at large to society and families.

Prison labor produces minimal goods in the big picture and does provide meaningful work for the incarcerated to have a skill and hopefully be employed on release. LOL " prison industrial complex packed with legal slaves". Slaves don't get WC benefits.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    How did they even know? Doesn't Hipa or whatever it is protect your medical info?
    The application includes your WAIVER of rights, and you must AUTHORIZE the background investigation required for the HGP.

With your signed waiver, MSP can investigate you to the Nth degree.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    If the prisons are designed to rehabilitate people, why are they incentivized to maintain such high occupancy levels?
    Explain. Inmates are highly incentivized to be released EARLY, assuming "good behavior." Those released on parole or probation are highly motivated to comply with the terms of their release. Only NEW criminal conduct puts people in prisons.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Private prisons for profit are not making money off of inmate's work. They are making money off of government paying for their lodging. Its NOT the same thing as slavery (except for those of us footing the bill).

What incentives do they have to rehabilitate these people then? No inmates to fill the private prison no need for them.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    The point I’m trying to get at is we have all these laws, all these rules and regs against drugs. What has it accomplished?

For the record no I don’t use drugs or drink alcohol

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Sadly some people need the regimentation. I once spoke with an incarcerated gentleman who said that was the case for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom