• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 for $275.40 + shipping *Sold Out*

Link to Cheaper than dirt. Saw this posted on slickdeals, looks like a good deal. After shipping it was 305.36 to Annapolis.

Last edited:

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Mark at 2A has some 5.56 Hornady steel match, 75 gr, at a good price. I have a couple of mags loaded with it for my LWRC, and will give you a range report once I check it out. Just a sidebar to this post.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Excellent price on M193. Well, at least for these days.

Also, Hornady Steelmatch in 5.56x45 is 55gr or 75gr, not 77gr.

BRASS

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 29, 2012
    Manufacturers are laughing all the way to the bank. They dribble ammo into the market & watch us react like Pavlov's Dogs

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    It figured I just ordered a ton of Wolf. I'm not buying any more brass until the prices go down to around $300/1,000

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    It figured I just ordered a ton of Wolf. I'm not buying any more brass until the prices go down to around $300/1,000

Hope you're happy with Steel 5.56 the rest of your life :lol2:

Unless a dealer gets in on a special deal from a distributor, or if you buy direct (I think 250k+/yr minimum for Federal?) the COST of brass cased 5.56 is nearly, if not over, $300/1000 currently. Even stuff like PMC.

I don't see it going down ever as inflation, oil prices, lead prices, demand, and steel prices continue to rise.

The cheaper than dirt deal was awesome. Had I seen it, I would have bought a bunch.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sorry I also missed that deal, but thanks for the heads up. What's the general opinion on PMC? I have 2 cases. One is about 10 years old or more and one new one. The older one's are annealed, the new ones don't appear to be. Also, what is the best steel cased to use these days and what can I expect to pay?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just received an email from CTD. They can't fill my order. I was looking forward to the ammo. Crap.

[FONT=&quot]We have been notified by our drop ship warehouse that the following item was unable to ship on your order due to depletion of inventory. If payment was made by personal check, money order, or cashiers check, a refund check will follow by mail. If payment was made by credit/debit card, your card will be refunded.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ITEM # 57281 Ammo 5.56x45mm Federal Lake City FMJBT 55 Grain 3250 fps 1000 Round Case[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Quantity Ordered: 1[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Quantity Shipped: 0[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you have any questions, please contact us at (800) 421 - 8047, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 7:30 pm Central Time or Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 am - 5:30 pm Central Time. You can also send an email to customerservice@cheaperthandirt.com.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to serving you again in the future.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cheaper Than Dirt![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Customer Service Department[/FONT]

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Just received an email from CTD. They can't fill my order. I was looking forward to the ammo. Crap.

To me it seems like a bait and switch. I'm done for now.

And that's precisely why we don't dropship items. Inventory levels that is "only a few hours old" leave a huge margin of error on hard to get stuff.

That sucks you didn't end up getting in on that. It was a really good price for sure.

PMC
    is good ammo (Brass cased 223 runs about $360-$375 a case, shipped). We shoot a ton of it here at the shop. Decent accuracy, and quality has been good. We shoot a lot of it in 3gun events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom