• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    I know you like seeing the arsenal marks on Mosins and after reading August1410's thread where you suggested trying white crayon to bring out the marks I gave it a try. Worked amazingly well. Pics aren't so good...I was out in my shop and too lazy to try and "set up" pictures. This is a Tula, right? Hex receiver, with a 1930 date. Have any idea what the other markings are?

MosinNagants055.jpg

MosinNagants057.jpg

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    thats a round reciever

Lol. I knew someone was going to say that. It actually is a hex...the arsenal marks are above the hex portion where it is round. I just zoomed in so far to see the marks, you can't see it. If you look closely at the first picture, you can see the very top edges if the hex portion.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    grb-Thanks for posting! The crayon filled markings look great.

I see a "provisional blackpowder proof" and an "accuracy proof". If you weren't aware of the site, http://7.62x54r.net/ has a wealth of user-friendly information on these rifles. It's a great site for learning tons of info about them.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    grb-Thanks for posting! The crayon filled markings look great.

I see a "provisional blackpowder proof" and an "accuracy proof". If you weren't aware of the site, http://7.62x54r.net/ has a wealth of user-friendly information on these rifles. It's a great site for learning tons of info about them.

Thanks for the info. Great website. Now you guys have ruined me, I NEED more Mosins, SKS, etc. :innocent0

I took a buddy to KS last week and he got one as well. So between my sons and I and my friend, we have 4. Big shootout this weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom