• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just a thought... openly discussing on the internet your intentions to violate a potential new change in federal law may not work well in your favor.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I don’t really wanna change over but honestly I’d rather have a SBR anyway so if this goes into effect I’ll end up with cooler guns then i started lol. If I’m gonna do paperwork I’ll end up with a suppressor too

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I don’t really wanna change over but honestly I’d rather have a SBR anyway so if this goes into effect I’ll end up with cooler guns then i started lol. If I’m gonna do paperwork I’ll end up with a suppressor too

You're so cool!

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

Yeah, probably the same. I just would really like to move and get a trust set up first.

Also if Biden gets his way and every "AW" gets tossed on the NFA I would imagine that everyone who complies and knows anything would just SBR the things instead.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You're so cool!
    Pistol braces were always a ludicrous play by people who thought they were gonna fool the ATF long term into getting freebie SBRs and skirt 5320.20s. Doubly so if they were using the SBA3/4, which DIDN'T EVEN HAVE DETERMINATION LETTERS FFS. Maybe Trump will override this (skeptical!), but when Biden wins the election, I fully expect a "lol braces and stabilizers are now stocks" determination from the ATF.

That said, I also think the NFA should go away entirely, even if that is basically politically impossible.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Pistol braces were always a ludicrous play by people who thought they were gonna fool the ATF long term into getting freebie SBRs and skirt 5320.20s. Doubly so if they were using the SBA3/4, which DIDN'T EVEN HAVE DETERMINATION LETTERS FFS. Maybe Trump will override this (skeptical!), but when Biden wins the election, I fully expect a "lol braces and stabilizers are now stocks" determination from the ATF.

That said, I also think the NFA should go away entirely, even if that is basically politically impossible.

SBR laws are dumb and we all know that so I don't fault anyone, but this really does suck for the people with injuries who need the brace to use their gun at all. Plus they do make it easier to fire one handed as intended for everyone. Funny how ableism is evil until it comes to something the left does not like.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    why do I need to pay at all because they want new revenue? Typical BS. Just like when NASCAR back in the day changes rules and car owners figure out ways to get around or make things work better. they should leave alone.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    SBR laws are dumb and we all know that so I don't fault anyone, but this really does suck for the people with injuries who need the brace to use their gun at all. Plus they do make it easier to fire one handed as intended for everyone. Funny how ableism is evil until it comes to something the left does not like.
    If they were actually being used primarily by disabled people, we would not be having this conversation, I suspect. Unfortunately, a bunch of people wanting to save $200 and some paperwork ruined it for them.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    damn this pot full of water seems to be getting a little warm. Well, I might as well sit back and relax. Nothing bad will happen. SMH

It appears to me like many of you have lost sight on why you are gun owners in the first place. Our founding fathers were brilliant. Smart enough to acknowledge your natural right to self-defense particularly against tyrannical government you don't own your guns so that you can go out and feed your family . You Don't own your guns so you can ring steel at a thousand yards or beat the other guy in the free gun competition or knock Clay's out of the sky. The founding fathers acknowledged your right to defend yourself against the tyrannical government by confirming that you have the right to own that gun to defend yourself and the country against tyrants. if you're not willing to stand up for your natural rights you have no business having a firearm... If you think remaining law-abiding is more important than fighting for your rights then you have completely lost site of why you own them in the first place. I can't say it any clearer than that. When the Democrats return to power in the House of Representatives, the United States senate, and the White House they are going to pass Allah that makes what you have in your safe right now illegal for you to owe. It's not a matter of if but when. If you're not willing to stand up against these illegal infringements just go turn them in now.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    If they were actually being used primarily by disabled people, we would not be having this conversation, I suspect. Unfortunately, a bunch of people wanting to save $200 and some paperwork ruined it for them.

You're right its the avg consumer's fault....fudd alert.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    It appears to me like many of you have lost sight on why you are gun owners in the first place. Our founding fathers were brilliant. Smart enough to acknowledge your natural right to self-defense particularly against tyrannical government you don't own your guns so that you can go out and feed your family . You Don't own your guns so you can ring steel at a thousand yards or beat the other guy in the free gun competition or knock Clay's out of the sky. The founding fathers acknowledged your right to defend yourself against the tyrannical government by confirming that you have the right to own that gun to defend yourself and the country against tyrants. if you're not willing to stand up for your natural rights you have no business having a firearm... If you think remaining law-abiding is more important than fighting for your rights then you have completely lost site of why you own them in the first place. I can't say it any clearer than that. When the Democrats return to power in the House of Representatives, the United States senate, and the White House they are going to pass Allah that makes what you have in your safe right now illegal for you to owe. It's not a matter of if but when. If you're not willing to stand up against these illegal infringements just go turn them in now.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::patriot::patriot:

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    You're right its the avg consumer's fault....fudd alert.

Did you come here just to troll peoples comments?

Way to add constructively to this discussion.

I am with Erwos. You are either out of touch with reality or simply lying to yourself and others if you think the left isn't wising up to these arm braces and how they are used, as intended or otherwise.

I remember my first time using an arm brace as well as the very first thing that popped into my head.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Something doesn't smell right here

This reminds me of all the hoax messages going around in March about how martial law was about to be declared

+1

GOA fundraising emails always go full retard.

The importation block may happen, but domestic production can't be stopped.

"Handgun. (a) Any firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand; and

(b) Any combination of parts from which a firearm described in paragraph (a) can be assembled."

"(e)Any other weapon
    The term “any other weapon” means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire. Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition."

So the idea being AOWs is anything under 26" overall length (the traditions boundary of concealable) that are not pistols and SBRs, and the ATF could be saying these larger "pistols" aren't for use with one hand so they must be AOWs.

But silhouette pistols have existed for years with rifle sights and rifle calibers, in front heavy configurations with bipods and forearms. One example in a plethora of calibers, up to 5.5lbs without accessories.

Attachments

• ec3ef9f6011e6a36fca47d38d8eee186.jpg
      ec3ef9f6011e6a36fca47d38d8eee186.jpg
      24.2 KB · Views: 546

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How about grow a set and fight for your rights. What this tells me is if Biden win and the Senate flips and the congress passes a law requiring that we turn in ALL semi autos many of you will be fighting to see who is first in line...It sickens me.

Once again it's going to take a small percentage of the population to win back the rights for all those who were too cowardly to fight...It happened in the 18th century and looks like it could happen again in the 21st. Frankly if you're not willing and ready to take the fight to a tyrannical government you have zero business owning any firearms.

You completely missed the point. Some people would still like to be able to take their toys to the range without being arrested. That does not indicate a desire to rollover. You go ahead and keep throwing temper tantrums though.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Did you come here just to troll peoples comments?

Way to add constructively to this discussion.

I am with Erwos. You are either out of touch with reality or simply lying to yourself and others if you think the left isn't wising up to these arm braces and how they are used, as intended or otherwise.

I remember my first time using an arm brace as well as the very first thing that popped into my head.

I agree with Sajidakh. IMO the whole "brace" thing points out a couple things, the NFA's arbitrary definitions and barrel length requirements are complete garbage. A few companies built devices that did not meet the legal definition of a stock, and in turn the firearms did not meet the definition of a rifle. These allowed modern compact rifles to be enjoyed without the onerous paperwork, $200 tax, and travel restrictions. All infringements that were passed simply because people let their reps pass them, because their firearm du jour wasn't targeted, and only the arms owned by "those people" were on the chopping block. It was barely a "wink and nod", never really a secret, nothing really to "wise up" to, "braces" from day 1 became popular ONLY because they allow modern compact rifles to be accessible by taking advantage of the poor wording of an unconstitutional and arbitrary infringement. If they were soely used as intended we wouldn't have the explosion in popularity of SBRs/ braced pistols, a new front to reagin lost rights, and the giant backlash a couple years ago when the ATF attempted to change law, declaring "misuse" somehow changes the legal definition of a firearm. You are out of touch with reality if you think they wouldn't ban everything that goes " bang" if they could. Somehow we are all too comfortable with .gov legislating away our rights, or in this case unelected burocrats potentially stripping rights and creating felons out of good people merely through their power to "interpret" an arcane and arbitrary law. It seems more and more companies are successfully pushing back against the NFA, and using it's legal definitions against it. More people are getting on board by purchasing those products, people are discovering the benefits of compact rifles, and pushing the line more than it has been pushed since lawful civilian carry was reclaimed in most states over the last couple decades.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Another point is missed here. In the state of Maryland, we won’t be converting our pistols into AOW, SBRs or anything else because of the 29” OAL law. Our only option will be to remove the brace and shoot with a tube.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Another point is missed here. In the state of Maryland, we won’t be converting our pistols into AOW, SBRs or anything else because of the 29” OAL law. Our only option will be to remove the brace and shoot with a tube.

By the looks of how determinations are being made, that won't keep it from being an AOW. The weight, chamber and other BS tests they came up with likely mean even an ar with just a pistol tube is still an AOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom