MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Hope this isn’t a duplicate:

Looking for more info, just saw this video,

https://youtu.be/u87NIIvofjU

It was posted in https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=249417

My reply in that other thread:

The video Smokey posted is about the ATF possibly changing AR/AK style pistols to be AOWs.

Here is the law firm's letter referenced in the video and referenced by Military Arms Channel also referenced in the above video.

https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/octo...ports-and-may-require-nfa-registration(2).asp

Maybe President Trump (never gets old) is waiting for the election to be over, but I really hope he reigns in the ATF. They just make things up as they go.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    [Kev308];6083141 said:
    I don't own one, but start scrubbing the internet of your pics.

Another good reason to never post pics of your firearms

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I suppose not a bad time to get a few form 1’s on the books.

If these changes occur I’d speculate a form 1 will become the new form 4 in terms of average turnaround time.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    They can screw with imports but an aow is clearly defined in law. I would think they have an easier time calling the brace a stock and saying they are sbrs.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They can screw with imports but an aow is clearly defined in law. I would think they have an easier time calling the brace a stock and saying they are sbrs.

Is it defined in the law, as in something passed by Congress, or is it defined in regulations? Regulations they can re-write at their leisure.

Good God...Seeing people here scrambling to comply is sickening. Millions of these pistols are in the hands of gun owners..

Yet again being "law abiding" is more important than your freedom...

The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.
    — Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Isaac McPherson, August 13, 1813

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Good God...Seeing people here scrambling to comply is sickening. Millions of these pistols are in the hands of gun owners..

The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.
    — Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Isaac McPherson, August 13, 1813
    What is your proposal? Proceed as if the government can't lock you up for violating the law? There may be a huge difference between what you choose to take in public and what you do privately.....don't mistake public compliance with total acquiescence.

What is your proposal? Proceed as if the government can't lock you up for violating the law? There may be a huge difference between what you choose to take in public and what you do privately.....don't mistake public compliance with total acquiescence.

How about grow a set and fight for your rights. What this tells me is if Biden win and the Senate flips and the congress passes a law requiring that we turn in ALL semi autos many of you will be fighting to see who is first in line...It sickens me.

Once again it's going to take a small percentage of the population to win back the rights for all those who were too cowardly to fight...It happened in the 18th century and looks like it could happen again in the 21st. Frankly if you're not willing and ready to take the fight to a tyrannical government you have zero business owning any firearms.

How about grow a set and fight for your rights. What this tells me is if Biden win and the Senate flips and the congress passes a law requiring that we turn in ALL semi autos many of you will be fighting to see who is first in line...It sickens me.

Once again it's going to take a small percentage of the population to win back the rights for all those who were too cowardly to fight...It happened in the 18th century and looks like it could happen again in the 21st. Frankly if you're not willing and ready to take the fight to a tyrannical government you have zero business owning any firearms.

then you sir stand on point obtain an ar or ak style pistol if you don't own one then get arrested for non compliance and fight it in court I'll wait sorry I have kids to take care of

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Post a picture of your illegal SBR/MG or shut the **** up, please.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Plenty of us have no plans to turn anything in, might even be willing to fight about it, but IMO it's just talking S#!t unless we are willing to fund law suits, help elect preferable candidates, and exhaust every peaceful and legal means before hand. The type of people that don't bother voting or supporting gun rights groups might have a "Molon Labe" bumper sticker, but would be the first to hand them over, and turn in their gun owning friends after an ATF agent knocks on their door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom