• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I might not be as tough as some of you guys, but I'll be dammed if I would volunteer to be shot with a .22 sort or .25, much less a .40 s&w

That’s what I think when people bad mouth birdshot in a shotgun for home defense. I’m not saying it’s the best for self defense but I’m not volunteering to be shot with an 1 1/8 of number 9’s going 1200 FPS.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    No offence but FK lucky gunner. they have had info on DC gun laws that has been wrong for 8 years, I sent them several emails and they never fixed it:
    The District of Columbia has very strict and unusual ammo laws compared to the rest of the country. It is illegal to have ammo if you don't have a registered firearm in D.C., and you also cannot purchase ammo that is not in the caliber as your firearm or the same gauge as your shotgun. Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are also illegal in the District of Columbia.
    Restrictions On Online Ammo Sales In D.C. Back to top
    Sorry, due to Washington D.C.'s local laws Lucky Gunner cannot ship ammo to the District of Columbia.

both highlighted sections have not been true for about 8 years now.

the law on it being same caliber was tossed out many many years ago, and Lucky gunner sells to many jurisdictions which have the same controls requiring emailing of FOID/Registration etc.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It’s a popular round for women.

Jon you are a great guy and I thing that was funny. very funny.

But without getting knee deep in caliber wars there are a few other very legit reasons for 40

1) 40 was adopted by a lot of law enforcement and federal agencies.

2) it is ALWAYS good to have a couple of caliber guns around in case you cant get one caliber. I have four 9s in my family and two 40s. I am very glad I do. Last shortage if I stopped by the two Walmarts and two Dicks Sporting on the way to my range there were many times there was zero nine for weeks on end but a few boxes of 40.

3) If you live in a ten round mag limit jurisdiction the calculus of having 14 rounds of 40 in the gun vs 18 rounds of 9 is moot.

If I can have more 9mm in a gun, then I 9mm. But if I can only have 11 rounds anyway in a full size gun, there is a good reason to have 40.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Jon you are a great guy and I thing that was funny. very funny.

But without getting knee deep in caliber wars there are a few other very legit reasons for 40

1) 40 was adopted by a lot of law enforcement and federal agencies.

2) it is ALWAYS good to have a couple of caliber guns around in case you cant get one caliber. I have four 9s in my family and two 40s. I am very glad I do. Last shortage if I stopped by the two Walmarts and two Dicks Sporting on the way to my range there were many times there was zero nine for weeks on end but a few boxes of 40.

3) If you live in a ten round mag limit jurisdiction the calculus of having 14 rounds of 40 in the gun vs 18 rounds of 9 is moot.

If I can have more 9mm in a gun, then I 9mm. But if I can only have 11 rounds anyway in a full size gun, there is a good reason to have 40.

All that does not negate the fact that fortay is ghey. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom