• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Not a revolver, but the Seacamp LWS 32 is 4.25 x 3.25" and 13oz. 6+1 32 ACP and finicky about ammo but once you find a round it likes you are good to go. You can buy a wallet holster that is the same size of you wallet and you can drop it in any pocket. You also might want to checkout the Bond Arms Rowdy and Rough neck deringers. Only 2 shots and all the different caliber and length barrels are interchangeable. BA triggers take some getting used to though.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    There's a number of excellent revolvers to recommend...you have to go with the one that you like best. One thing I will say is there's little reason for +P as the short barrel won't give the velocity benefit plus the added recoil and flash. There are some excellent standard pressure loads made specifically for short barrel guns.

I am continually amazed by people buying the 2" Ruger SP101 in 357 mag for the same reason. You don't really begin to see any significant extra oompf in these guns until you hit 3 or 4".

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    love my taurus 85 ultra Lite Very accurate and light and 100% reliable 240$ used

I have a set of Secret Service grips on my 25yr old 85. Great little gun.

taurus-model-85-genuine-rosewood-secret-service-grips-smooth.jpg

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I have a set of Secret Service grips on my 25yr old 85. Great little gun.

taurus-model-85-genuine-rosewood-secret-service-grips-smooth.jpg

That photo looks like a Charter Arms, not a Taurus 85.

A good Charter Arms can be a fine pocket gun. The quality varies depending on when they were made, the older ones generally better. Cheap, lite, small, and a durable finish.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I am continually amazed by people buying the 2" Ruger SP101 in 357 mag for the same reason. You don't really begin to see any significant extra oompf in these guns until you hit 3 or 4".

It's 2 1/4" ;)

It was my first gun and it took me while to see you point. Heavy enough to shoot a box of .357...maybe, but there are more practical options out there.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    First of all, kudos to you for having a ccw in the communist state of maryland. Not sure what to tell you about a pocket revolver except smith and Wesson makes, I believe, a 38 sp hammerless lite that may fit the bill.

ESP

Nov 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Another vote for the S&W Airweight. No external hammer. Simple as a firearm can get. Not gonna spam the thread with another picture of one.

BillOrien

Sep 28, 2008
    I had a 38 Special S&W 342 Airweight J frame that I carried in a coat pocket. No hammer to snag and no thought of it going out of battery if pressed against someone or something. I moved to Florida, so I have no need for it anymore. I traded it for a small boat, motor and trailer combo. I now carry a Glock 32c in 357Sig.

I used to carry a S&W 637 due to my old department's off duty policy making a revolver the best choice. In the summer I carried in in my cargo pockets in my shorts, and in colder weather I carried it in my hoodie pockets. Not only was it extremely light but i liked having the option to shoot double or single action.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Picked up a 442 recently. Having a weird issue though I'm relatively new to revolvers.

When I pull the trigger and the hammer falls, if I let the trigger out slowly, about 1/5 of the time the trigger gets stuck in the rearward position.

I realize that might not be necessary for revolvers, and this probably comes from me shooting so many semi-autos where I just release the trigger enough to have it reset and then fire again.

May not have any impact on practical shooting but is it normal for some revolver triggers to stick to the rear if let out very slowly?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    The trigger has to reset...maybe it needs some break-in time. 200 rounds is considered a normal break-in period.

Didn't realize revolvers needed a break in period. But this is my first one so there's probably a lot I don't know.

From what I hear about shooting of this damn thing, 200 rounds is going to suck :lol:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , DA Revolver triggers are Not supposed to hang up . This phenomenon is usually seen in guns that both are very high millage AND been "improved " with excessively light springs .

IF NIB , I would suspect excessive amounts of congealed shipping grease with inbedded crud . If new , but properly cleaned & lubed , send back for warranty service .

But Yes ! DA Revolvers do indeed have different trigger pull techniques than striker fired bottomfeeders . Massively oversimplified : The Firing Stroke , and the follow through reset travel the same distance each shot , and your finger should be moving at the same speed each direction .

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Put 55 rounds through the 442 today. 50 rounds of white box 125 grain standard pressure 38 special, and five rounds of Gold Dot 125 grain +p.

I'm actually surprised how much I like this little gun. Coming from a semi-auto guy, I didn't really know how much I would like it. But anytime I feel like pocket carrying, it's going to be the 442 now.

Standard pressure 38 Special rounds were fine and the recoil was totally manageable. The + P stuff was pretty harsh and unpleasant though.

Extremely accurate if I staged the trigger to the second click and then followed through. If I was shooting with one smooth pull like I would be in a self-defense scenario, much less accurate (but still good enough), but I need to work on it. It's my first revolver.

Overall great gun I'm glad you guys suggested it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Put 55 rounds through the 442 today. 50 rounds of white box 125 grain standard pressure 38 special, and five rounds of Gold Dot 125 grain +p.

I'm actually surprised how much I like this little gun. Coming from a semi-auto guy, I didn't really know how much I would like it. But anytime I feel like pocket carrying, it's going to be the 442 now.

Standard pressure 38 Special rounds were fine and the recoil was totally manageable. The + P stuff was pretty harsh and unpleasant though.

Extremely accurate if I staged the trigger to the second click and then followed through. If I was shooting with one smooth pull like I would be in a self-defense scenario, much less accurate (but still good enough), but I need to work on it. It's my first revolver.

Overall great gun I'm glad you guys suggested it.

Handled those several times, amazing how light they are. I’m an LCP fan, but great alternate choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom