• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Posted in Depot also. I need to send 2 C&R pistols to Florida FFL. I guess UPS at $70 to$110 is the option. Local FFLs seem to be over whelmed and lack communication via phone.
    UPS the cheapest and best way to ship? I am an 03 but doesn't help.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Yeah if you’re not able to find a local dealer to ship them for you, your only options are UPS or Fedex and they both require overnight for handguns. Both also require you go to one of their customer centers and declare the firearm, so you can’t go to any old UPS store unfortunately. UPS has always been much easier to deal with as far as firearms from my experiences.

Dealers are able to ship cheaper and can ever use USPS for handguns. If you’re able to get a hold of a shop that will do it for you it may save some coin.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Yeah if you’re not able to find a local dealer to ship them for you, your only options are UPS or Fedex and they both require overnight for handguns. Both also require you go to one of their customer centers and declare the firearm, so you can’t go to any old UPS store unfortunately. UPS has always been much easier to deal with as far as firearms from my experiences.

Dealers are able to ship cheaper and can ever use USPS for handguns. If you’re able to get a hold of a shop that will do it for you it may save some coin.

I shipped my S&W for factory service via FEDex. They used 2nd day

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I shipped my S&W for factory service via FEDex. They used 2nd day

Maybe you got lucky, as the below is direct from Fedex website and has been my experience with them:

Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Drop Box. Firearms shipments are not eligible to be held at Hold at Location facilities.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Maybe you got lucky, as the below is direct from Fedex website and has been my experience with them:

Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Drop Box. Firearms shipments are not eligible to be held at Hold at Location facilities.

I can confirm this. I have tried multiple times at both fedex and ups and they both will only ship handguns next day air at a cost of $100 or more. Really the only way to do it is to have an 01 ffl ship at the much better rates they can get with usps.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Huh. I’ve had Fedex hold a handgun shipment before because I knew I was not going to be home when it was scheduled for delivery. It was coming from an -01. Not sure if that made a difference or not.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

I used them to send a handgun back to the manufacturer for warranty repair. I think it cost me about $45. They do require an FFL on the receiving end, in my case sending it to the factory sufficed. They send you a label (I think it was a .pdf that I printed) and while checking options with a FedEx storefront shipping place the manager said as long as you have a pre-printed label he didn't need (or want) to know what was in the box.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    You can legally ship FedEx and UPS 2nd day. Print label at home and give to driver or drop at store or depot.

However it is against both FedEx ans UPS rules to ship anything except overnight, super saver overnight, or next day. It is also against UPS rules to bring to a UPS store.

They can return shipment to you (never heard of it happening), or if damaged you risk them not paying on insurance claim (have heard of it happening).

For years AIM and SOG sent handguns 2nd Day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom