• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    The search for a carry gun continues... anyone have experience with the PPS?

Thanks,
    g8tr

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have the PPS M2 LE. It is one of my favorite carry guns in 9mm (my Glock 48 being the other favorite). It comes with night sights and three magazines. One mag is flush mounted (6 rounds) and the other two hold an additional one and two rounds. With MagGuts internals, the mag capacities go up to 7, 8, and 9 rounds.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I've owned and carried a pps m2 for about 3 years. It's ok.
    Very thin and ergonomic. A little heavier than competitors. Could use another couple rounds capacity. Extra mags are a little pricy. My only complaint is that the mags compose some of the grip and a fast mag change under pressure could be a problem.
    Very dependable and comfortable to carry and shoot.
    Probably most comparable to Shield.
    A friend is an instructor with MSP and he shoots my Walther a little better than his G43.
    I think best carried in a single clip kydex iwb.

g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    Thanks. Interestingly enough, I'm looking to replace a 43 that I have difficulty shooting well. Appreciate the feedback!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have a PPS. Not a mention yet it is a .380 :lol2:

The first trigger pull, and weight of gun itself, I prefer many others to it for carry.

g8tr

Mar 19, 2013
    Balto Co.
    You all convinced me (particularly a certain enabler here) - placed an order for one this afternoon...

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I tested just about every pistol in that class and I carry a PPS M2 when I travel to America.

The only other one I would have chosen above the Walther was the Kimber Micro 9, but I went with the price point suitable to my budget. Spent the savings on Alien Gear holster, ammo, and a Utah permit.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    I've had a PPS M1 since 2015 and carry it frequently, probably about 75% of the time. It is reliable and accurate. Easy to carry, as others have said a single clip IWB works well. I carry with the 7 round magazine in the gun in a 7+1 configuration. I carry one or two 8 rounders as reloads. I put Meprolight night sights on and they are true to the original POA/POI. I've fired both 115 and 124 grain ball and 124 grain Gold Dots without issue.
    Overall I've been happy with it and have always felt it's the gun a Shield should be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom