• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    I"m sure by now most of you have noticed the slight price increase of primers let alone finding them. 100 primers going for $50+,1K $125.,5K $750 on GB.??.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No one's buying primers for those prices. Get on the notifications list for MidwayUSA, Brownells, Midsouth, etc. to buy them at normal-ish prices. I've bought 10k primers recently (5k SRP, 5k SPP) and paid about $30-$35 per k, not including taxes/shipping/hazmat. You just need to act fast when the notification email comes in.

It costs zero to list stuff on GB until it sells, so maintaining stuff at price gouge levels until a sucker bites is just how some people do business on there.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    That’s insane. I just ordered 500 large rifle primers for $20 from Cabelas. I’m having them shipped to Hanover bass pro and supposedly they are on the way. I know what kind of reputation bass pro has though so we shall see. I miss old school Cabelas.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Emailed Vista Outdoors (CCI) about the primer shortage and their reply was:

Good morning

We are working 24/7 to try and keep up with demand,

With ammunition back in high demand reloading went back into high demand.

People panic buying I guess.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Shits ridiculous. Check this out.

Attachments

• C498B3A2-FC80-4B28-9F46-34B65D7D84E2.jpg
      C498B3A2-FC80-4B28-9F46-34B65D7D84E2.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 534

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    That’s insane. I just ordered 500 large rifle primers for $20 from Cabelas. I’m having them shipped to Hanover bass pro and supposedly they are on the way. I know what kind of reputation bass pro has though so we shall see. I miss old school Cabelas.

Matt, if it falls through let me know I’ve got plenty.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I just picked up 3k cci small rifle primers for $33 per 1k at the local hole in the wall. They also have shelves full of powder I grabbed some h335,h1000,varget and reloader 15.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I'm still working throught the supplies i purchased after the LAST shortage. This too shall pass stay calm and carry on.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    This is crazy.. I have have looked everywhere for small pistol and small rifle and it seems there are not any to be had. I have large pistol and large rifle I would gladly trade for if anyone is interested....

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Primers are going for crazy prices on GB. Well over $500 for 5,000.

I could make a quick 3 or 4 thousand dollars if I put all my supplies up for auction.

There is only one thing stopping me from doing it.

I'm not a price gouging asshat who is a opportunist prick. Other than that I could make some coin.

I understand making a dollar or 2 but that is total BS.

I have sold primers and powder to a couple members and a neighbor lately, and I sold them at MY COST. Didn't even jack up the price for the "hazmat fee". Some may say that is foolish, I don't take advantage of people I know.

I have too much faith in karmic debt to do that

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Primers are going for crazy prices on GB. Well over $500 for 5,000.

I could make a quick 3 or 4 thousand dollars if I put all my supplies up for auction.

There is only one thing stopping me from doing it.

I'm not a price gouging asshat who is a opportunist prick. Other than that I could make some coin.

I understand making a dollar or 2 but that is total BS.

I have sold primers and powder to a couple members and a neighbor lately, and I sold them at MY COST. Didn't even jack up the price for the "hazmat fee". Some may say that is foolish, I don't take advantage of people I know.

I have too much faith in karmic debt to do that
    :thumbsup:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I must have had a lucky day - stopped in at Bass Pro to just waste time between appointments and stumbled across CCI #200 primers for $3.99 per 100. Picked up 2000 for $84 and some change after tax.

Now almost all primers are gone. They are selling for upwards of $300 per 1000 on gunbroker. The only place I found a few were at Clyde's and those were Magnum large rifle, basically useless to me. With the election coming up I suspect things are going to get a lot worse before they get better (if that even happens)...

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Now almost all primers are gone. They are selling for upwards of $300 per 1000 on gunbroker. The only place I found a few were at Clyde's and those were Magnum large rifle, basically useless to me. With the election coming up I suspect things are going to get a lot worse before they get better (if that even happens)...

You can't gauge anything from GB. I've heard it said a few times, just venturing out away from large cities and towns, you can find supplies and ammo. These small shops don't have their inventory online and you may have/want to call ahead, but it's still out there.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You can't gauge anything from GB. I've heard it said a few times, just venturing out away from large cities and towns, you can find supplies and ammo. These small shops don't have their inventory online and you may have/want to call ahead, but it's still out there.

This, also BPS had about 35-40 trays of Winchester small pistol magnum primers at lunch time today. I grabbed 5. Because why the heck not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom