MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Who said resurrection was easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I finally got around to working on mine last night. I was surprised at how much metal came out. Only problem I had was a run-away spring when I disassembled.... rookie mistake, but I spent about 10 mins trying to find it. It seems to take a standard round pretty much all the way in the chamber without any additional pressure. I only got a chance to function check and put 2 rounds into my wood pile last night. Hoping to get to run a few mags through it this weekend and see if it is GTG or needs a second session (I'm thinking it should be good). Sorry to hold the process up so long here guys (work has been crazy lately and I haven't had much time to play). Really appreciate K-43 making this tool available!

Is there anyone else in the queue? Or does the reamer return home at this point?

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    An EP .25 from Erma Werke

I have a different Erma Werke model in .25
    Same old pot metal construction, and this one hasn’t been out to the range yet. I bought it to complement my Deutche Werke, because if you have one gun in a quaint caliber, you might as well have two guns in that caliber.

Attachments

• FF212902-3B85-4301-A4B5-79009B47A17E.jpg
      FF212902-3B85-4301-A4B5-79009B47A17E.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 263

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Great news Doc! I'm glad it worked out for you.
    No one else has lined up.
    Anyone else interested in using it before it goes in a box in a filing cabinet?

Doc,
    If no one else signs up for it I'll PM you next week about getting it back. Snail Mail works for me if meeting turns out to be inconvenient. No hurry here. I think the last time I sent a small Priority Mail box it was $6 and 5 minutes at the PO. Keep the bottle with Do-Drill' it's not mailable.
    Dennis

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Happy to report that the latest outing i was able to run through a half of a box of mini mags with no FTF or FTE. The only issue i was having is something with the trigger. At first i thought it wasn't resetting.. BUT learned that if held the trigger in when i thought it wouldnt go off it Slowly very slowly does go off. I brought it home and tried to make sure i have any and all gunk out of the trigger area on the left side under the grip. But so far seems like the re-chamber is working like a champ.

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Hi all, yet another one out there. I cant comment on how well it functions, haven't fired it lately, and that gives me an idea.......

Attachments

• IMG_E2626.jpg
      IMG_E2626.jpg
      114.4 KB · Views: 259
    • IMG_E2627.jpg
      IMG_E2627.jpg
      119.4 KB · Views: 260
    • IMG_2628.jpg
      IMG_2628.jpg
      110.8 KB · Views: 267

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    K-43, I put the reamer back in the mail to you on Monday. If it doesn't show up today, it should very soon. Just wanted to thank you for the very generous offer to share your tool (sorry for how that sounds) with everyone here. Also thanks to everyone who shared their experiences, expertise, and thoughts on this project. Stuff like this is what makes MDS awesome!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    i just looked at this auction again, they did not even sell it as C&R which should have fetched a higher price.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    That $65 tackle box find turned out to be a pretty good investment.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    This is not resurrecting a dead thread, I'm waking a sleeping one.
    For some time now I've been curious as to the results any and all got from rechambering their Ermas. Shot mine last Sat and that reminded me to ask.
    I've had no failures since the rechambering even with the cheapest 22 Lightning, Federal plain Jane waxed lead loose in a box, Remington in the milk carton, and some others not worthy of mention.
    Prior to the rechamber, the pistol would shoot two or three CCI Minimags before it would fail to feed from the magazine. Nothing weeker than a Minimag would even cycle it, not even Vipers. It flat hated standard velocity rounds.
    I'm happy Melnic came up with the solution.
    Anyone tried yours out?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I've shot mine with various ammo and have had little to no failures since rechambering the second time. Apparently the first time I tried it I didn't get it 100% down in as I was afraid of messing up the chamber face. The second time I set it up so that I could watch exactly how close I got and upon going to the range it was much better. Thanks again for the use of the tool and for Melnic helping me out with drop offs and pick up do to my horrible schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom