• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    This is my district. My wife and I both switched party affiliation last week.
    +2

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Young also represents a portion of Washington County too. That F-ing infuriates me. I can't wait to see that POS out of office and reading the help wanted adds. I am sooo in on this issue. He is the only jackwagon from my end of the state and it's downright embarassing. :mad54: Count me in on anything and everything in getting him out. A picture of him in a cheap hotel with a dirty hooker in his bed would be a good start, right?

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    I was at a 2A rally in Hagerstown and Blaine was there. I was told by an elected official that Blaine and Ron hate each other.......sad but true for a father and son. I was also told Blaine is very conservative and a strong 2A supporter. I was also told Ron Young's wife is running for mayor of Frederick.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    I'm in the process of compiling and analyzing results from previous elections.

I'd like to give recognition to our friend, Senator Ron Young of district 3A (Frederick & Washington counties).

Mr. Young won his primary 2817 to 1460. He beat a gentleman named Don DeArmon. If anyone knows how to directly contact Mr. DeArmon and inquire about his interests in running against Mr. Young in 2014, it would be appreciated.

If we can get Mr. DeArmon to run again, it is very likely that we would be able to unseat Senator Young in the primary. After that.... Senator Young won his seat by beating his Republican challenger, Alex Mooney, 22,710 to 21,666. A mere 1,044 votes.

We have two chances with Young. A defeat in the primary or a defeat in the general. If we can swing 600 votes in the general, Young is out and replaced with a Republican.

I'm going to strongly advocate any and all people who live in District 3 to go DINO. You can vote against Senator Young in the primary and if that fails, crush him in the general by voting for whichever Republican candidate makes it out of the primary. Replacing Young with an unknown in the primary would be huge... replacing him with a Republican in the general would be even better :D.

ADDED BENEFIT--- VOTING OUT DEL. CLAGETT IN THE PRIMARY.

Del. Clagett voted FOR SB281. Clagett won one of two seats in the primary... He could be knocked from the #1 spot to 3rd (and out of Maryland politics) by swinging 2,000 votes away from him and toward either Candy Greenway or Scott Rolle (or by consolidating the Greenway/Rolle voters. If anyone knows those two individuals, please inquire about their political aspirations in 2014.

Ron is my district. So is Clagget. Its gonna be interesting because Clagget is running for Mayor, if he wins he is out of the house. Ron Youngs wife, is running for mayor too. both Ron and Galen are elected by City voters and they will have to be approched by things other than guns, the gun issue is good but it might not be enough. Rain tax, gas tax, no armed cops in schools etc.

Ron beat Alex because in one part the changing demographics here, and the second part is the State Senatorial committie played a scorched earth campaign against Mooney to help install him. Alex was an ass but he was solid pro2A. Ron lost the mayorship here becuase he became too full of himself.

I've done somework like this before, I have some contacts that will need to be talked to, people, groups etc. Hell if this were 2019 I'd run myself but I have a day job that pays the bills. OCC or whoever is gonna coordinate this should PM me or set up a call.

BTW De Armon has been on the ballot a few times I think

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I disagree ;)

Get young out via primary... no incumbent means an easier win for the R in the general.

Let's he honest here... that district already has an ANTI in Young. We want young OUT. I'd rather see a new anti with less pull and less seniority (and one who gained his seat because his predecessor trampled on the 2nd Amendment... meaning the replacement will know what happens if he does likewise).

Unless you find a legitimate pro2a Dem to run, I'm all for supporting ANY D in the primary whose name is not Young. His name can be obama for all I care lol. THEN... vote for the 2A Republican in the general and elect him to office.

Win/Win.

Point taken, and agreed to. I was thinking strictly in not supporting an anti, but if an anti running against Young (or any of our foes from the 2013 GA) is our only choice, then the lesser of two evils takes over. :thumbsup:

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I know it has been a while but I finally got a reply back from Don DeArmon. He IS NOT planning on running. Said " The voters really beat it out of me last time."

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Just because this poped up again.

Blaine Young is getting hammered here in Frederick County due to his other decisions outside of 2A. IMO he will not be a CC in Frederick County come election time.

The other thing that peeves me is that there has still been no nullification efforts like in Carroll, etc when he said it was on the agenda to do.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I do not live in Young's district. But I have a personal ax to grind with that POS. Who ever runs aganist him I would be more than happy to help them in any way I can.

BINGO. We need to be statewide DINO's not just local. We need to turn out in each others districts to support "our" candidates. Hopefully we can either elect pro gun candidates or a weak enough Dem to loose the General.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    BINGO. We need to be statewide DINO's not just local. We need to turn out in each others districts to support "our" candidates. Hopefully we can either elect pro gun candidates or a weak enough Dem to loose the General.

Agreed. We could plan a meet up so we can head shed ideas on how to get the candidates we want into office.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I have been seriously considering running for county commissioner or whatever the new titles will be once the charter is formed. BY may be a pro 2A but I do not like a lot of what he did. I also hate the charter idea. Too much power to the government.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Wouldn't vote for any of the Young clan. Blaine has severely screwed up FC on multiple issues and would do the same for the state if elected gov. Yes we need pro 2A candidates, but we need candidates that will govern wit the best interests of the people at heart, not with the interest of lining their own pockets or those of their cronies.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Wouldn't vote for any of the Young clan. Blaine has severely screwed up FC on multiple issues and would do the same for the state if elected gov. Yes we need pro 2A candidates, but we need candidates that will govern wit the best interests of the people at heart, not with the interest of lining their own pockets or those of their cronies.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have been seriously considering running for county commissioner or whatever the new titles will be once the charter is formed. BY may be a pro 2A but I do not like a lot of what he did. I also hate the charter idea. Too much power to the government.

Go for it! Maybe one day you can fix all the screwups that Blaine did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom