• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I'm in the process of compiling and analyzing results from previous elections.

I'd like to give recognition to our friend, Senator Ron Young of district 3A (Frederick & Washington counties).

Mr. Young won his primary 2817 to 1460. He beat a gentleman named Don DeArmon. If anyone knows how to directly contact Mr. DeArmon and inquire about his interests in running against Mr. Young in 2014, it would be appreciated.

If we can get Mr. DeArmon to run again, it is very likely that we would be able to unseat Senator Young in the primary. After that.... Senator Young won his seat by beating his Republican challenger, Alex Mooney, 22,710 to 21,666. A mere 1,044 votes.

We have two chances with Young. A defeat in the primary or a defeat in the general. If we can swing 600 votes in the general, Young is out and replaced with a Republican.

I'm going to strongly advocate any and all people who live in District 3 to go DINO. You can vote against Senator Young in the primary and if that fails, crush him in the general by voting for whichever Republican candidate makes it out of the primary. Replacing Young with an unknown in the primary would be huge... replacing him with a Republican in the general would be even better :D.

ADDED BENEFIT--- VOTING OUT DEL. CLAGETT IN THE PRIMARY.

Del. Clagett voted FOR SB281. Clagett won one of two seats in the primary... He could be knocked from the #1 spot to 3rd (and out of Maryland politics) by swinging 2,000 votes away from him and toward either Candy Greenway or Scott Rolle (or by consolidating the Greenway/Rolle voters. If anyone knows those two individuals, please inquire about their political aspirations in 2014.

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick

I'd like to give recognition to our friend, Senator Ron Young of district 3A (Frederick & Washington counties).

Mr. Young won his primary 2817 to 1460. He beat a gentleman named Don DeArmon. If anyone knows how to directly contact Mr. DeArmon and inquire about his interests in running against Mr. Young in 2014, it would be appreciated.

If we can get Mr. DeArmon to run again, it is very likely that we would be able to unseat Senator Young in the primary. After that.... Senator Young won his seat by beating his Republican challenger, Alex Mooney, 22,710 to 21,666. A mere 1,044 votes.

We have two chances with Young. A defeat in the primary or a defeat in the general. If we can swing 600 votes in the general, Young is out and replaced with a Republican.

I'm going to strongly advocate any and all people who live in District 3 to go DINO. You can vote against Senator Young in the primary and if that fails, crush him in the general by voting for whichever Republican candidate makes it out of the primary. Replacing Young with an unknown in the primary would be huge... replacing him with a Republican in the general would be even better :D.

Del. Clagett voted FOR SB281. Clagett won one of two seats in the primary... He could be knocked from the #1 spot to 3rd (and out of Maryland politics) by swinging 2,000 votes away from him and toward either Candy Greenway or Scott Rolle (or by consolidating the Greenway/Rolle voters. If anyone knows those two individuals, please inquire about their political aspirations in 2014.

Agree! That is my district and I switched. Also, Clagett AND his wife will be running for Mayor of Frederick. I am putting my name on the ballot for Delegate just to take votes away from Clagett

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Agree! That is my district and I switched. Also, Clagett AND his wife will be running for Mayor of Frederick. I am putting my name on the ballot for Delegate just to take votes away from Clagett

Just be careful... we have to be coordinated in how we do this. We want Young to have the fewest amount of challengers as possible in the primary. You are just as likely to drain a vote from that person as you are young. We want to consolidate the democratic anti-young vote and put it behind one person.

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick

Just be careful... we have to be coordinated in how we do this. We want Young to have the fewest amount of challengers as possible in the primary. You are just as likely to drain a vote from that person as you are young. We want to consolidate the democratic anti-young vote and put it behind one person.

Not a problem. Just give me the word and I'll do what's best for our group.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I was resisting the DINO because his race was so close in the General that I planning to support the repub. But the strategy makes sense, so I'll be DINO'ing!!!

BTW - When I mentioned the DINO thing, my wife LOVED the idea!!! So count her in too.

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    A lot of Republicans voted for Ron last election because of Mooney's lack of involvement. I think most people thought they were voting for Ron's son, Blane. I hear Ole' Ron is not very popular in Frederick and people are wishing they could take their votes back.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A lot of Republicans voted for Ron last election because of Mooney's lack of involvement. I think most people thought they were voting for Ron's son, Blane. I hear Ole' Ron is not very popular in Frederick and people are wishing they could take their votes back.

Ron isn't popular in the Young family, for that matter...

I think I have this correct (it's at least close enough to be true), but Blaine once told me that he'd have a glass of wine and dinner with [dear old dad], but [he's] a complete nutjob.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    We need to verify this before pushing any support his way...

I disagree ;)

Get young out via primary... no incumbent means an easier win for the R in the general.

Let's he honest here... that district already has an ANTI in Young. We want young OUT. I'd rather see a new anti with less pull and less seniority (and one who gained his seat because his predecessor trampled on the 2nd Amendment... meaning the replacement will know what happens if he does likewise).

Unless you find a legitimate pro2a Dem to run, I'm all for supporting ANY D in the primary whose name is not Young. His name can be obama for all I care lol. THEN... vote for the 2A Republican in the general and elect him to office.

Win/Win.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    I went DINO five years ago and have not regretted it since

like a old guy told me - in maryland the winner of the general election is decided in the democratic primary

make your vote count - go DINO

Tanknut

Feb 10, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I do not live in Young's district. But I have a personal ax to grind with that POS. Who ever runs aganist him I would be more than happy to help them in any way I can.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I disagree ;)

Get young out via primary... no incumbent means an easier win for the R in the general.

Let's he honest here... that district already has an ANTI in Young. We want young OUT. I'd rather see a new anti with less pull and less seniority (and one who gained his seat because his predecessor trampled on the 2nd Amendment... meaning the replacement will know what happens if he does likewise).

Unless you find a legitimate pro2a Dem to run, I'm all for supporting ANY D in the primary whose name is not Young. His name can be obama for all I care lol. THEN... vote for the 2A Republican in the general and elect him to office.

Win/Win.

This is exactly right!

Last edited:

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013

Isn't young also running for mayor as well...?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I disagree ;)

Win/Win.

It is early yet.. so we do not need to decide everything right now. I think the Dino call sounds correct however.....

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    I'd rather see a new anti with less pull and less seniority

My thoughts exactly. If you vote out an anti, who is replaced with an anti, you don't lose anything (the vote on bills and amendments is the same in either case). You do in fact gain something due to the seniority shift; and you send a clear message to Annapolis.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Already converted.
    Ron is in my district.
    I heard his wife is running for Mayor.
    I have not heard good things about the Young family as a whole. I know a few people who claim that MD Politics as a whole would be better off without ANY of the Young family. I will not vote for any of them and will support removing the incumbent.

Come on election day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom