• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    How about asking him to get a check GPS - most of them will let you know current speed - may also help you with deliveries

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    A nice inspection by a LEO and a "fix it citation" should help. If its a CDL vehicle go take it for an inspection.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Good info from most of you. The p/u is required as the sole jack of all trades employee. There is plenty of money.

Tapatalk is crashing crap

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Unless this is a commercial vehicle, the employer is going to know that you ratted him out if you get LEOs to write a repair order. How would they know the speedo doesn't work unless you tell them? Either way, you'll be looking for a new job. You are the one that has to decide if it's worth the trouble.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Unless this is a commercial vehicle, the employer is going to know that you ratted him out if you get LEOs to write a repair order. How would they know the speedo doesn't work unless you tell them? Either way, you'll be looking for a new job. You are the one that has to decide if it's worth the trouble.
    Quit=no unemployment. +1

Unsafe job=bad things

Unhappy employee=so what

Get fired(for almost whatever reason)= unemployment qualification
    Malfeasance not good as why you got fired--puts you at some degree of risk
    Turn him in
    Report the vehicle as unsafe...first to him, then to MDOT if he fails to fix it
    Document your report to him

Good luck

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I quit a job, once, and was turned down on my initial application for employment compensation. On appeal, I was granted unemployment insurance compensation based on the argument that my employer was requiring me to participate in illegal and unethical practices. The appeals "judge" has a lot of discretion and authority.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Refuse to drive the truck. When he fires you, you can get unemployment and sue him if you are so inclined.

Years ago I worked for a roofing company who did the same thing to our lead roofing mechanic. He made out fine

Good idea. File a report with police or DOT about the truck also if it qualifies.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

But you'd get your unemployment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom