• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Dear (Name),
    First let me state that I served honorably for over 20 years in and retired from the U. S. Army. Upon my initial enlistment and each subsequent reenlistment thereafter I swore an oath to "Protect and Defend the Constitution" as I believe each of you also did upon taking the office to which you were elected (whether Federal, State or local). While I continue to value that oath it becomes more apparent each day that many of you seem to no longer believe in the document or think it no longer applicable. I would remind you that such a determination is not one which you are allowed to make while in office. If you find that you can no longer "Support and Defend" as you swore then it is time for you for find another vocation and immediately resign the position to which you were elected by "We the People".

I implore you to in fact live up to the promised oath to which you swore your allegiance i.e. to "Protect and Defend the Constitution Against all Enemies, Foreign and Domestic" . Please ensure your constituents and me of your vote against any and all attempts to subvert the meaning of any of our God given Rights which the Founding Fathers found necessary to put into writing, especially the first ten written into the Constitution which is referred to as the "Bill of Rights" (not the bill of needs). While you may not think I have a need to bear arms you do not under the Constitution have permission to take away my Right. Also remember that you (the government) do not give these rights to "We the People",! They are as stated intentionally and with great forethought as "Inalienable Rights Endowed by the Creator".

The Constitution is written very precisely and in easily understandable English.

To my elected representatives in the Maryland state government I encourage you oppose all attempts here in the "Free State" to in any way restrict the U. S Constitution's Second Amendment. The following is extracted from the Maryland State Constitution which states in Article 2:

"The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding".

Finally I will state that I have the utmost respect for the elected office to which each representative is elected. Please allow me the ability to have equal respect to the person holding the office. I care deeply for this Blessed land and am extremely concerned in the direction it is seemly headed. As a member of the Armed Forces I was charged as stated "To Defend and Protect". I was not given a choice of as to which Rights I chose to defend and as an elected official neither have you.

I vote for those who most closely reflect my beliefs regardless of party but I will never miss an opportunity to exercise my "Right to Vote" just as I have no intention of giving up my Right to Bear Arms as is protected by our Beloved Constitution.

I have no doubt that the recently passed legislation in the state of New York will be found to be unconstitutional and urge you not to put your citizens to the expense of having to fight such an unconstitutional legislation here as well but rest assured that fight we will.

Sincrely,
    Rickman

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom