• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Kathy Shilaga to submit legislation to allow the ccw in places of worship in the upcoming session. She is working with sheriff Gellar and others.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Not that I'm aware of. I asked a Harford County based attorney years ago and was told that there wasn't a law against it.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I believe This will allow none permit holders to carry with written permission from the worship center. MD considers places of worship as private property so this would be cya for those authorized to ccw at church.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I like her but it's silly to have all these carve-outs. I can carry to church but not to the movies or a stadium or other public gathering? That's the same thought process as banning certain types of guns.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
      IMG_0688.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 819

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Would you rather be able to carry in a few places or not at all?

Of course I would but that's the same as saying "be thankful for your HBAR and your ten round magazines."

Giving back a sliver of an infringed right still leaves you with mostly infringed rights.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I believe This will allow none permit holders to carry with written permission from the worship center. MD considers places of worship as private property so this would be cya for those authorized to ccw at church.

Just for CCW? Because right now it should be fine unless they post or tell you not to. For open carry without a CCW, state preemption might override that law. It isn’t covered under current open carry or transport laws for handguns (can only transport to your own private property unless engaged in target shooting, gunsmithing, buying/selling of the firearm, dog training, authorized by the business you work for to carry inside the business or hunting).

But, hey, I am up for whatever relaxes the stupid laws.

I just wish MD would change handgun carry laws to mirror long gun carry laws and leave it at that.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I like her but it's silly to have all these carve-outs. I can carry to church but not to the movies or a stadium or other public gathering? That's the same thought process as banning certain types of guns.

If they can make it so ordinary citizens, without a carry permit, can carry while at church that is one more step in the positive direction and I will take it. That is how we move forward. Look, people are carrying at church for self protection and defense of the church and blood is not running in the streets. It would be a positive step. Let's make it happen.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    This sounds like a way for churches to establish armed security teams.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Of course I would but that's the same as saying "be thankful for your HBAR and your ten round magazines."

Giving back a sliver of an infringed right still leaves you with mostly infringed rights.

Not arguing against that. Considering we have nothing right now, I'm willing to accept getting a sliver back.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Not arguing against that. Considering we have nothing right now, I'm willing to accept getting a sliver back.

Me too.
    I'm in the middle of reading Matt Bracken's book "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" and it's making me grumpy.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    It’s a small bright spot with all the negative news lately..
    Mass now looking to limit citizens to 1 firearm per month
    Alabama loss
    MGA coming up just after scotus turning down kolbe
    MSP advisory on HPRB (G&S on new permits and renewals)
    Etc etc etc
    However it affects .01% of Marylanders who are lucky enough to have their rights restored with a unrestricted wear and carry permit

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    It’s a small bright spot with all the negative news lately..
    Mass now looking to limit citizens to 1 firearm per month
    Alabama loss
    MGA coming up just after scotus turning down kolbe
    MSP advisory on HPRB (G&S on new permits and renewals)
    Etc etc etc
    However it affects .01% of Marylanders who are lucky enough to have their rights restored with a unrestricted wear and carry permit

MSP advisory on HPRB? must have missed that one. I saw the one about 77r/4473's.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As I was sitting in the balcony in church the other day, I was looking around thinking. If someone came in there with malicious intent, it would be a slaughter. This a mainly due to the way the sanctuary is designed. One main entrance (double door)in the front and one smaller single door in the rear. This church is very old and established in the heart of Towson. I thought about talking to the pastor about it, but knowing the blue side and of the congregation, it would be futile. We have been members here for 25 years. My wife family, over 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom