• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    This whole Sunday hunting this boggles my mind. I'm guessing it goes back originally to the blue laws that prohibited any fun on Sunday (except church of course.)

That being the case, it's truly ironic that a secular state like Maryland uses laws from an era they hate to restrict activities they hate even more.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    And fyi, most Sundays in deer season fall during the archery portion. If your horse on your property is spooked by a bowstring release on another property...maybe you shouldnt be riding it in the woods anyway

It is that kind of thinking that is creating these anti gun laws. If black guns scare people outlaw them? oh, too late.
    There is more to it than you can imagine, I don't want to argue and have no opinion because it has not been a problem and is more for the children so respond to the teenage kids not me. Hunters and riders all get along here.

I actually watched 6 deer run across the yard and they stopped at the road before the crossed, yesterday. They are getting smarter.:)

and I do not care if it is 25 degrees I'm going target shooting, tired of this cold.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think that's backwards though. Your fear example is more in line with the argument that we shouldnt have Sunday hunting. And I have to get along with the riders, I have two horses in my back yard. No one ever has any issues riding while I'm hunting. I target shoot .22 behind the field and the horses could care less.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I didn't mean that. There are too many deer! Open Sundays up and send out venison recipe's. I target shoot many calibers and the deer could care less I've never seen anything like it. But if some one is close enough to you to hear your arrow release well I would choose to wait on that shot. No hard feelings I hope.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Well, those of you 2A fans who think it's brilliant to stand with the anti-hunters on this, I'm sitting in the State House about 100 feet from the Humane Society goobers who are talking about how all shooting on sunday is unsafe because of the pretty horses, and not only should they shoot sunday hunting down, but all shooting on Sunday. They're discussing names of delegates to introduce a bill (that will go nowhere) next year to ban shooting for a "day of rest" on sundays....

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    Well, those of you 2A fans who think it's brilliant to stand with the anti-hunters on this, I'm sitting in the State House about 100 feet from the Humane Society goobers who are talking about how all shooting on sunday is unsafe because of the pretty horses, and not only should they shoot sunday hunting down, but all shooting on Sunday. They're discussing names of delegates to introduce a bill (that will go nowhere) next year to ban shooting for a "day of rest" on sundays....

Good God...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom