How I got into Full Auto Cheap but still have a nice gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    This is post I wrote a while ago about my intro into FA. For those that think its to much money, think about how many guns you have that are a few hundred each. Sell a few and you get into FA. Now that I am in, I have a hard time shooting my 9mm pistol as it seems like a waste of 9mm that could go in my MG. I have a fair amount of guns in my collection but I am shooting my FA more than the rest combined. You do not give us any of your rights to own FA. No ATF visits or any of that crap you hear. No license either. Its really not bad at all. You need to find a gun for sale, get fingerprinted and get passport photos... not much more and just like a suppressor or SBR...etc. We can help you down the road if you are interested. Anyway here is the post:

Well guys, I thought some of you might be interested to hear my jump into full auto, on a budget. I had a baby coming at the time and could not afford anything more then about $4k. As you know this pretty much rules out any rifle cal guns but there are a few sub guns in this area. Since I could not afford to feed anything but a sub gun and because I could shoot this at an indoor range if needed, this was the way to go for me.

Now there are a few cheaper sub guns; Macs, Stens, Reisings and maybe a few others. Uzis were out of my price range at $6.5K or higher. Same with best sub gun on the face of the earth (according to some gun snobs :p) the Sterling.

400px-M11SMG.jpg

So this left me with a select few. Now my ideal gun would be a MP5 but since that was way out of my price range... but it gives you some idea of what I was looking for. I did not want a historic piece. I wanted something I could shoot the sh!t out of and not feel one bit bad about it. I also would like the option of the EoTech or some other kind of modern sight. So this pretty much ruled them all out in their stock version. So to keep it cheap I started looking at Macs, M10s (.45acp) and M11s (9mm). 9mm is cheaper so the M11 beat the M10. BUT the M11 is really just a little bullet hose and really not that much fun. I find myself much to worried about controlling the gun and not on enjoying shooting it. Plus I will be shooting on a 50 yard range most of the time and it would be nice to hit something.

Max11Right.jpg

Then I found my answer. The Max 11 upgrade to the M11. Its a Slow fire upper that fits right on the stock M11 lower (the NFA part) without mods. Its got different bolts to allow you to change the cycle rate, starting at 600 rpm (stock), 750rpm and 900rpm...etc. It also has stock M16 sights (or a flat top if you like) with an optics rail between them. It gives you a place to grip the front of the gun, which the M11 does not. That along with several of the other upgrades made it look real nice. So I dug further. Lage Manufactuing who produces it has a great reputation (which I can now back up) and his products work pretty much 100% or he will fix them so they will! Don't take my word for it, check out Uzitalk.com and their Mac forum. Lage is loved by all that have his products.

Max11CR.jpg

So back to Money. A M11 sells for about $2.5-3k. I got mine for $2.5k with a suppressor but that was a hell of a good deal. The stock Max 11 upper goes for $759.00 making the package (not including Taxes) with an upgraded stock under $4k. For me I did a few more upgrades (stock, Grips, Safety parts, EOtech, extra bolt and front grip etc.) and think I have about $4.5k into the gun with everything you see.

Max11Left.jpg

I have had the gun all together for a while now and I love it! It is not Uzi or MP5 but for the money, its damn close enough! I think the modern features of the gun also really add to value and help make it easily a better choice then the Stens or Reisings. I may even take it over an Uzi if you consider the optics a must have. Accuracy is good and I shoot the gun at 50 yards keep pretty much all the rounds in the human silhouette target. Function is great and it feeds well (actually my M11 feedramp, thats in the lower, was bent a little low but after fixing that I don't think I have had a single jam from Winchester white box 115gr 9mm). Semi wads do give my gun a bit of trouble but still do well. Finnish and craftsmenship I would give an A+. It looks like it came that way!

Max11CL.jpg

So anyway, if you are in the market but got to do it cheap... keep it in mind!

Make sure to check you tube for Videos on "max 11" and Lage has some on his page at: http://www.max-11.com/

P.S. I make no money from this, and have have nothing to do with Lage manufacturing. Just thought you guys might be interested.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    If you really want bottom line pricing... Figure this:

$2650 M11 Shipped
    $250 Tax stamp, fingerprints, MSP fee. (Add $200 for out of state trasnfer plus $100 FFL Transfer fee)
    $779 Max11 upper shipped.

Total $3679 would be the cheapest you could get into it with a base slow fire setup with an in state seller. A lot of my costs were added in with extras. I have about 15 aftermarket parts on my gun. A stock is a real must too but they range all over the place in price. Mine is from Lage and I think was $80 and is very nice!

For more info on the Lage Max11 (and other Max uppers), go to the Mac forum on Uzitalk.com. Tons of info there with reports from lots of other people who have had great luck with Max11 uppers. This is no cheap conversion and feeds 100%!

Also note that if you like 45 ACP, the Mac 10 and Max 10 upper will also work just as well for about the same price. However if you have to decide which to get and don't reload...9mm is a lot cheaper!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have a similar set-up that use for subgun matches. It is a good set-up. much better than other slow-fire conversions.

However, It does require hotter ammo. I have problems with WWB, My gun prefers the cheaper WOLF.

I have compared the performance of the max-11 to other subguns like the UZI, Sterling, Sten, SW76.. I would say it is up to par with an UZI. A bit faster on reloads compared to an MP5 or Colt 635.

I agree with your post. SWD mac 11/9 upgraded with a LAGE Max-11 slowfire upper is a good set-up.

Attachments

• m11full.jpg
      m11full.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 6,303
    • max11sd.jpg
      max11sd.jpg
      29.8 KB · Views: 6,298

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    A couple of max11s and friends. scars shtf kit

From Left to right:

M16 RR ( PAWS) 7.5 shorty
    M16 RR ( Sendra) M4 upper suppressed
    M16 Colt 635 9mm
    Ruger AC-556K/ scarcqb stock
    Lage Max11, suppressed, Sten conversion
    Rock River Arms 9mm, SBR host.. DIAS
    IMI UZI , suppressed
    LAGE Max11 w/ Side fold stock
    AK-74
    M16 RR Bushmaster/ BFI

Attachments

• Class3a.jpg
      Class3a.jpg
      83.6 KB · Views: 6,322

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    This is post I wrote a while ago about my intro into FA. For those that think its to much money, think about how many guns you have that are a few hundred each. Sell a few and you get into FA. Now that I am in, I have a hard time shooting my 9mm pistol as it seems like a waste of 9mm that could go in my MG. I have a fair amount of guns in my collection but I am shooting my FA more than the rest combined. You do not give us any of your rights to own FA. No ATF visits or any of that crap you hear. No license either. Its really not bad at all. You need to find a gun for sale, get fingerprinted and get passport photos... not much more and just like a suppressor or SBR...etc. We can help you down the road if you are interested. Anyway here is the post:

Well guys, I thought some of you might be interested to hear my jump into full auto, on a budget. I had a baby coming at the time and could not afford anything more then about $4k. As you know this pretty much rules out any rifle cal guns but there are a few sub guns in this area. Since I could not afford to feed anything but a sub gun and because I could shoot this at an indoor range if needed, this was the way to go for me.

Now there are a few cheaper sub guns; Macs, Stens, Reisings and maybe a few others. Uzis were out of my price range at $6.5K or higher. Same with best sub gun on the face of the earth (according to some gun snobs :p) the Sterling.

400px-M11SMG.jpg

So this left me with a select few. Now my ideal gun would be a MP5 but since that was way out of my price range... but it gives you some idea of what I was looking for. I did not want a historic piece. I wanted something I could shoot the sh!t out of and not feel one bit bad about it. I also would like the option of the EoTech or some other kind of modern sight. So this pretty much ruled them all out in their stock version. So to keep it cheap I started looking at Macs, M10s (.45acp) and M11s (9mm). 9mm is cheaper so the M11 beat the M10. BUT the M11 is really just a little bullet hose and really not that much fun. I find myself much to worried about controlling the gun and not on enjoying shooting it. Plus I will be shooting on a 50 yard range most of the time and it would be nice to hit something.

Max11Right.jpg

Then I found my answer. The Max 11 upgrade to the M11. Its a Slow fire upper that fits right on the stock M11 lower (the NFA part) without mods. Its got different bolts to allow you to change the cycle rate, starting at 600 rpm (stock), 750rpm and 900rpm...etc. It also has stock M16 sights (or a flat top if you like) with an optics rail between them. It gives you a place to grip the front of the gun, which the M11 does not. That along with several of the other upgrades made it look real nice. So I dug further. Lage Manufactuing who produces it has a great reputation (which I can now back up) and his products work pretty much 100% or he will fix them so they will! Don't take my word for it, check out Uzitalk.com and their Mac forum. Lage is loved by all that have his products.

Max11CR.jpg

So back to Money. A M11 sells for about $2.5-3k. I got mine for $2.5k with a suppressor but that was a hell of a good deal. The stock Max 11 upper goes for $759.00 making the package (not including Taxes) with an upgraded stock under $4k. For me I did a few more upgrades (stock, Grips, Safety parts, EOtech, extra bolt and front grip etc.) and think I have about $4.5k into the gun with everything you see.

Max11Left.jpg

I have had the gun all together for a while now and I love it! It is not Uzi or MP5 but for the money, its damn close enough! I think the modern features of the gun also really add to value and help make it easily a better choice then the Stens or Reisings. I may even take it over an Uzi if you consider the optics a must have. Accuracy is good and I shoot the gun at 50 yards keep pretty much all the rounds in the human silhouette target. Function is great and it feeds well (actually my M11 feedramp, thats in the lower, was bent a little low but after fixing that I don't think I have had a single jam from Winchester white box 115gr 9mm). Semi wads do give my gun a bit of trouble but still do well. Finnish and craftsmenship I would give an A+. It looks like it came that way!

Max11CL.jpg

So anyway, if you are in the market but got to do it cheap... keep it in mind!

Make sure to check you tube for Videos on "max 11" and Lage has some on his page at: http://www.max-11.com/

P.S. I make no money from this, and have have nothing to do with Lage manufacturing. Just thought you guys might be interested.

I think I shot your Mac last fall at AGC. If it was you, thanks I really enjoyed it. I kick myself when I could have bought one for $700. I was pissed when I waited a few months and the dealer raised the price to a grand. Oh, the good old days. At the same time a NIB Vector Uzi was only $3000.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Mac-11 + nifty upper added to the list...right after new car :)

Ahh... you have legs! The gun will be more fun!

I think I shot your Mac last fall at AGC...same time a NIB Vector Uzi was only $3000.

Yeah that was probably me. Well MG prices don't really go down to much. So think of it this way. You buy a gun now, shoot and enjoy it for years, then sell it for no lose or even profit... so you get free fun! The sooner you get in the more free fun you have!

I bought my Macs when they were $600.00...
    I cant afford to get into class three stuff nowadays.

Yeah at one point they got down to $149 I think. Its not that you can't afford it... its that you can't afford all you used to be able to. I am sure you have lots of money tied up in guns like the rest of us. Remember its just ratio. Three nice 1911s or one nice sub gun.

Thanks for the invite. I may apply for a membership.. after things settle down a bit. ( money is tight due to the economy and college kids that I need to support)

You don't have to join right away. Come on up and qualify and come to a shoot as a guest. This late in the year, you only have to buy a half year range badge so everything is half price!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    So when is the next shoot?

I may take you up on your offer and maybe qualify first, then join.

I have a couple of MGs that are collecting dust since the ammo crunch. I usually shoot a Max11 or Uzi for subs or an M4 or AC556 for Carbines. Does the club allow steel cased ammo?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    So when is the next shoot?

I may take you up on your offer and maybe qualify first, then join.

I have a couple of MGs that are collecting dust since the ammo crunch. I usually shoot a Max11 or Uzi for subs or an M4 or AC556 for Carbines. Does the club allow steel cased ammo?

I would email Pat (email on other thread) and have him get you on our email list. I think the next shoot will be Sep 4th but I am not sure when the next qualification day is. I think you will like it. Steel cased ammo is fine. Just no tracers (Fire problems), anything else is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom