• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    " but because i have witnessed the most unbelievable scenarios concerning gun ownership, i think i am at a loss as to the answer.

When you make decisions/laws that impact hundreds of millions of people, for the 'protection' of a statistically insignificant percentage of that total, you have to be careful of the burden being imposed...not to mention whether it is constitutionally allowed.

Do you really think that there's always going to be an answer? It seems as though you 'feel' like more required training is the answer, but...::sigh::...nobody will listen because we haven't seen the front line horrors like you have...

Condescend much?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    stuff...

I'm confused. Is this thread really about mandatory regulated training for phone charging in the bathroom with extension cords and popcorn?

BTW driving is a privilege not a right.

BUT in Woodstock's defense, Driving Requires Training & Passing Proficiency Tests...

And Merry-Land decides & regulates what it takes for us to be able drive...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    OK... I'll admit I was wrong.... I went to bed last night figuring that there would be at least one ban on this thread by morning. I owe someone a nickel.

We'll add it to your membership dies on your next renewal.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    How much training did the cop get who decided to use his pistol as a hammer?

Training is not a vaccination against jack ass.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This has got to be the worst advertisement for firearms training I have ever read.

I fear we're going to have to setup a go-fund-me page for Woodstock to keep the heat on.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    For any other ignorant wretches like me, that stands for too long; didn't read.

I tried. Now my head hurts. Confused as well.
    Do your feet stink? Do you not love Jesus?

"big fella" is indicative of a negative nature in response. discourse, vent or solicitation? none of the above, just simply stating the facts. knock the chip off your shoulder and open your mind.
    You could not be MORE wrong about Coby. He is quality incarnate, And I'd be Damon to his Pythias (or vice versa) any day.

Is this the MHPRB? Is this real life?
    Is this just fantasy?

That's a question statists ask themselves everyday.
    eruby approves of this post.

Some of the time, maybe a lot, folks post stuff that might sound cavalier. Heck, we come here for info and a good time. But I bet if we actually get together face to face, most of us are pretty darn serious about safety. So, in the spirit of keeping things light, I offer:
    "Hear me now
    Oh thou bleak and unbearable world,
    Thou art base and debauched as can be;
    And a knight with his banners all bravely unfurled
    Now hurls down his gauntlet to thee!"

This thread is dildos
    Six-sided to boot.

LOL... with interest vigorish, no doubt. And the MDS interest rate for all un-paid dues is... wait for it... 3% :D
    Fixed, for shtarker authenticity.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So I have been waiting for the opportunity to read what this was all going to be about. Woodstock, you and I have personally spoken many times face to face. There has always been a mutual respect, and I still feel that way. With that being said, the idea of mandatory training to possess a firearm is just absolutely wrong (IMO). The freedoms that we have here in our country, sometimes come with a cost. There are many many things that could make our country "safer" but it would require a sacrifice of personal responsibility and privacy etc. The FBI/DHS could root out some threats to this country by wiretapping every single phone in this country as an example. But, we have FREEDOM here, that doesn't allow such acts. I fully agree that EVERYONE that owns a firearm, SHOULD seek training of such, but it absolutely 100% should not be required. The 2A is a FREEDOM that we have in this country, and that freedom sometimes comes with a cost such as accidental shootings, unsafe use etc. When we, as an educated community, see something unsafe, it is our responsibility to bring it to the attention of those people and to the people in charge of the range.

On a side note, I still don't see how any of this has to do with MSI, other than the fact that MSI is suing the State of MD to get rid of the HQL (which mandates training for purchase of a handgun).

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I do not need to read the last 15 pagess to say, unequivocally, that MANDATORY training is an infringement, a blatant tax on exercising a fundamental right otherwise guaranteed by the Constitution, and an evil tool in the gun control and gun grabbing advocates tool box. However, TRAINING in some form or another should be a personal prerequisite of owning and/or carrying a firearm. What that means varies among individuals and should not be dictated by the government.

Last edited:

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    I don't know you, but I too am an instructor. I would be concerned about the quality of your instruction by the way you treat dissenting opinions from other board members. Once you put requirements on a constitutional right, it is no longer a right. Your educational example is invalid since the right to free speech occurred at a time when many citizens signed their name with an "X". I would love to see everyone have the opportunity for more training. Mandatory, I think not. Also, just for the record, I have never made one dime from teaching firearms, I do it for the love of the sport and the love of teaching.

Before you attempt to insult my intelligence or my reading ability, you should know i currently hold a Doctorate and two Master degrees. I would suggest you stop the insults and name calling an attempt to defend your thoughts in a coherent and civil manner.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't know you, but I too am an instructor. I would be concerned about the quality of your instruction by the way you treat dissenting opinions from other board members. Once you put requirements on a constitutional right, it is no longer a right. Your educational example is invalid since the right to free speech occurred at a time when many citizens signed their name with an "X". I would love to see everyone have the opportunity for more training. Mandatory, I think not. Also, just for the record, I have never made one dime from teaching firearms, I do it for the love of the sport and the love of teaching.

Before you attempt to insult my intelligence or my reading ability, you should know i currently hold a Doctorate and two Master degrees. I would suggest you stop the insults and name calling an attempt to defend your thoughts in a coherent and civil manner.
    Looks like the cherry on top. Smells like the cherry on top.

Doc, among your many quals and talents, are you a cherry too?

Logic. Reason. Result.

Bravo Zulu.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If in 14 pages over a couple of days not one person agrees with your position Woodstock you may want to re-think that position.

Now pass the popcorn....

George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom