• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I purchased 2 firearms from an IP and was wondering if anyone in Carroll/Finksburg area has a bore lock in 45 and 9mm I could borrow?

smithrhjr

Feb 27, 2016
    Westminster
    More bore lock questions

I understand that to purchase a handgun in MD and walk out of the store you must have a bore lock, not necessarily in the gun. First question, If you purchase one from the MD FLL dealer, why not just return the bore lock the next day? Second question, if you transfer a handgun into MD, are you required to have the bore lock when leaving the transfer FLL store?

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Those are good questions which I do not have the answers to. I would say any regulated firearm leaving an FFL would require a bore lock. It's just me but I wouldn't feel comfortable returning a lock. Its not the FFL's fault we need them. I know that some of the FFL's will help you out with this if you are making multiple purchases.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Those are good questions which I do not have the answers to. I would say any regulated firearm leaving an FFL would require a bore lock. It's just me but I wouldn't feel comfortable returning a lock. Its not the FFL's fault we need them. I know that some of the FFL's will help you out with this if you are making multiple purchases.

Never know when you might need it again! Always handy to keep various caliber locks around.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I understand that to purchase a handgun in MD and walk out of the store you must have a bore lock, not necessarily in the gun. First question, If you purchase one from the MD FLL dealer, why not just return the bore lock the next day? Second question, if you transfer a handgun into MD, are you required to have the bore lock when leaving the transfer FLL store?

1. Depends on FFL policy as to if they will accept return or not.
    2. Depends on when gun was made. If 2003 or later yes.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Buy one 9mm lock. Walk out of the store with the 9mm gun. Store it in the trunk. Take said lock back into store an walk out with the 45.
    Or, if they allow, bring your own lock. The dealers I deal with allow you bring your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom