• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    It was simply my opinion, and if I am wrong then I am wrong. I make no excuses when I am, and all of you have made good points on how we as DINOs would go about this years elections.

I hope I didn't insult or upset you. I don't think there is any right or wrong in this situation. As was said, none of us have done anything like this before and we will certainly need to fine-tune what we are doing as we go along. In this state this is likely what will be the foreseeable future for us.

Wasn't try to start a fight, I know better than bringing a knife to a shoot-out:lol2:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Agreed. And when given no palatable alternative, even removing one bum to replace him or her with another will serve as an MDS/MSI-induced term limit and hopefully a lesson learned.

Not hardly. If an incumbent worked with us at all, the machine will spin it that being soft on the gun issue is what did them in, the media will buy it and the public will be duped.. And that's assuming they lose. If they win all you did turn a potential drag on the machine into a lapdog for the machine..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    In situations such as that, it may be better to simply push to oust the incumbent, and bring in someone who has no chits to call or offer.

Such persons are more likely to follow the party line to get as you say 'chits' . I am not saying we should not want them gone, i am saying that there really is no upside in some districts.. We are in fact best served by the incumbent winning ( which is likely anyway) but by a narrower margin .. hard to do without good intel.. but in that case why not vote against them

Now if we do so query in districts were we are not strong enough to guarantee results, and wait until the results before taking any credit ... we to can have it both ways .. maybe ;) And maybe they will be more likely to listen to us, but gain it can push them into the hands of the machine...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I am bummed. I did not register as a Democrat. I really thought Frosh would win and it would not matter. Cardin is definitely the right choice so he can be smashed in the general.

You can switch on primary day... just make sure you are not hurting any local republicans ..

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Please know, I was neither scolding nor correcting, just tossing in my 2 cents as well. One team, one fight.

Same here, I'm certainly not an expert in all this.

I hope I didn't insult or upset you. I don't think there is any right or wrong in this situation. As was said, none of us have done anything like this before and we will certainly need to fine-tune what we are doing as we go along. In this state this is likely what will be the foreseeable future for us.

Wasn't try to start a fight, I know better than bringing a knife to a shoot-out:lol2:

To all of you, I neither took it as harsh, as insult or upsetting. I took at what they were, your opinions and putting out the reminder of what the original plan has been from the start.

No harm taken, no foul given. All are good.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    We should all keep in mind that DiNO is 2-part...

Removing problem people in the primary, and ensuring that anyone who makes it through to the general is either friendly or beatable BY a friendly.

Correct, and I would add since this is Maryland, that if the person is not beatable by a friendly then get the LEAST evil person into office.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Correct, and I would add since this is Maryland, that if the person is not beatable by a friendly then get the LEAST evil person into office.

Agreed. Yet if a new (less evil) candidate cannot win, we need to pick the one who can, or we risk wasting our DINO votes.

No anti-2A incumbent can be left in office to rally the others by declaring "See? They can't touch us."

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    I got a call from a supporter of Eric Ebersole (Democrat candidate for delegate in district 12). During our brief conversation, they mentioned that his views on gun control were in line with the Democratic party (which I take to mean anti-gun, pro-more gun control). So I said I was a gun owner and strongly opposed the gun bill that passed last year.

The caller's response? "I've been hearing that a lot. A lot of people seemed to be focused primarily on that issue this year."

I don't know if this means there are lots of DINOs on the call list or if actual Democrats are speaking up. Either way, it made me happy.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I got a call from a supporter of Eric Ebersole (Democrat candidate for delegate in district 12). During our brief conversation, they mentioned that his views on gun control were in line with the Democratic party (which I take to mean anti-gun, pro-more gun control). So I said I was a gun owner and strongly opposed the gun bill that passed last year.

The caller's response? "I've been hearing that a lot. A lot of people seemed to be focused primarily on that issue this year."

I don't know if this means there are lots of DINOs on the call list or if actual Democrats are speaking up. Either way, it made me happy.

Sounds like good news to me! Thanks for passing that along.

Voted today...then almost threw up in the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Try sending Cardin (AG candidate) a donation and see how that makes you feel. You may want to be sitting down with a bucket near by when you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom