• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustPlinking

Oct 11, 2018
    Hello all,

I recently bought a Browning Cynergy CX and have not yet taken it to the range.

Per the instructions in the manual, I removed the anti rusting compound from the barrels and receiver and oiled both.

However while using 12G snap caps (tipton) and working the action I noticed breaking the gun open after firing the snap caps is very stiff.

I can break the gun open with a firm grip. However, to get it to break open all the way, and the snap caps to kick out, I have to put the butt of the gun on my thigh to break the gun open the rest of the way.

I oiled all the points the manual pointed out but its still stiff. Does it just need to be broken in?

Also, I originally had used hoppes gun grease since the manual suggested a heavy grease but said oil would do.

Since it was stiff I removed the grease best I could and the oiled with hoppes oil instead with the same end result.

Any help is appreciated, I was hoping to get the action working smoothly before my first round of trap.

Thank you.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Just go shoot some clays-after a couple hundred rounds it will loosen up. My 725 was stiff when I got it but after thousands of rounds it is smooth like butter.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    Just go shoot some clays-after a couple hundred rounds it will loosen up. My 725 was stiff when I got it but after thousands of rounds it is smooth like butter.

It's a Browning it will start to loosen up in 10-20 thousand rounds:D

Seriously though take the gun apart and sparingly grease the hinge and lock with a quality synthetic grease. I use a Lucas product available from Brownell's that's made for ARs.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    My Cynergy was like that, and after 6 years/15,000 hulls it's loosened up a little but it's still fairly stiff.

I think there is a tension screw you can loosen somewhere in the foregrip, but I never have.

You can probably find what I'm talking about on a quick Google search.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I had a 725 sporting a while back and it was stiff to open for quite a while. Liberal greasing and lots of clays later it broke in fine.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You should use a light grease, not oil, on the hinge pin and where the two pieces slide against each other.

And it will loosen up over time and shooting.

My 325 was fairly stiff when new also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom