• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    SP-01 Phantom. Picked it up at the gun show today. I need another image hosting site to post a picture, since Photobucket isn't playing nice. Anyway, the reset is shorter than the reset on my regular SP-01. Now I need new sights and I can shoot Production with the other schlubs. BTW, I had to modify the Bladetech holster for my SP-01 to get the Phantom to fit, but it fits and works.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    SP-01 Phantom. Picked it up at the gun show today. I need another image hosting site to post a picture, since Photobucket isn't playing nice. Anyway, the reset is shorter than the reset on my regular SP-01. Now I need new sights and I can shoot Production with the other schlubs. BTW, I had to modify the Bladetech holster for my SP-01 to get the Phantom to fit, but it fits and works.

Congratulations! Looking forward to pics.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    Another vote for www.imgur.com - you can upload directly from your phone as well with their app. Only thing to be aware of is the default upload setting is to "Public" so a quick finger tap to "Private" is all you need to keep an unlimited private gallery. The site is super convenient, offers instant resizing links, pre-formatted embedding code, etc.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Gonna use it in comps?

That's the only reason I got it. I'm going to try USPSA Production and PCC, since I can shoot both in one weekend. First shot from half cock is easier than having to shoot from a fully dropped hammer. Fortunately, all but two of my current CZ mags fit this pistol. Now to send off my SP-01 to CZC to make it a single-action and throw some other goodies into it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I ordered a new Safariland holster for it. The other SP-01 holsters need modding to get them to work with the slightly wider Phantom, and Safariland's offering is fine for both SSP and Production. So I can get back into IDPA (if I feel up to it) with this combination. I'm looking forward to more shoots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom