• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I love the feel of the weapon and the mags are well made and easy to load. It locks open after the last round. The sights are excellent. The trigger is very smooth, but it has a long pull IMHO. I like my Ruger Mark I trigger MUCH better.

I got the threaded model and the thread adapter is difficult to get off without something like vice grips (many users say the included wrench will break if you try to use it). I replaced it with this adapter from EWK Arms that is much better as it can be removed with a 1/4" Allen wrench.

http://ewkarms.com/zen8/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=186

I can get use to the trigger, and with the new thread adapter I am very happy with it. Should be an excellent suppressor host.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Thanks Buddy! I was just thinking of getting one. How do you like the single action? That's a big plus. Otherwise I might go for an old Hi Standard. I hear those are nice.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I have not fired mine. The first wrench did break. S&W sent a second wrench and a torch after kroil and I could have broken that wrench too, but the adapter did not move.

Sent it back to S&W and the new adapter twists off easily.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I love the feel of the weapon and the mags are well made and easy to load. It locks open after the last round. The sights are excellent. The trigger is very smooth, but it has a long pull IMHO. I like my Ruger Mark I trigger MUCH better.

I got the threaded model and the thread adapter is difficult to get off without something like vice grips (many users say the included wrench will break if you try to use it). I replaced it with this adapter from EWK Arms that is much better as it can be removed with a 1/4" Allen wrench.

http://ewkarms.com/zen8/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=186

I can get use to the trigger, and with the new thread adapter I am very happy with it. Should be an excellent suppressor host.

Good review thx!

Post a pic or two sometime, also.

The front sight broke on my target 22; this is good info. You use it more as a trainer or plinker, or competition?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I purchased a full size model several years ago. They are externally identical to the 9mm and 40 cal versions with the exception of the added thumb safety.

I have found this pistol beneficial for some of my students. Students start out with the .22lr and can easily move them up to the 9mm. Having the same size and controls located in the same place makes the transition easy. These pistols make great trainers and plinkers.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just shot mine this past Friday. Love it. The trigger initially is a long pull but the reset is short. All said I am very happy with it and am eagerly awaiting to hear from ATF on my can in jail.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I finally fired mine and a long trigger pull is an understatement.

The directions say not to dry fire it.

My wife was with me and I put a fired case in the chamber so she would know what to expect. The gun would not fire nor extract that case. I'm not sure I understand that.

It's not that the trigger pull is heavy, but you feel like the gun should have gone bang way before now. I did not see much on the internet about a replacement trigger, just a do it yourself Arkansas stoning.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I finally fired mine and a long trigger pull is an understatement.

The directions say not to dry fire it.

My wife was with me and I put a fired case in the chamber so she would know what to expect. The gun would not fire nor extract that case. I'm not sure I understand that.

It's not that the trigger pull is heavy, but you feel like the gun should have gone bang way before now. I did not see much on the internet about a replacement trigger, just a do it yourself Arkansas stoning.

It has a short reset - after the first shot the follow ups are much faster. Apparently the bigger M&Ps are the same.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014

I don't think we had the mag in. It apparently has a mag disconnector. Still doesn't extract tho'

Now that I can safely dry fire it, once you get past the take up, the actual pull isn't that long but could be smoother and lighter. That may get better with use. I agree the reset is fine. The firing pin hammers the case. I can see why they say don't dry fire.

It's not like my performance center shield and that can't hold a candle to the CGW CZ-75 trigger job. I guess I'm spoiled.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    I think you can defeat the magazine safety but its not something I have done yet.

I just added the Hogue grip to increase the reach to the trigger, this thing is tiny! Had to trim a little but it does make it feel almost like a normal sized pistol.

440 rounds so far. 100% reliable with Rem Bucket O Bullets, suppressed/unsuppressed. Pretty good reliability with a bunch of other ammo, including subsonic ammo. Worst would be Fed Champion in the White Box, but that was early on. I should shoot a few mags and see how it sounds suppressed.

This thing a blast to shoot! You guys are going to have fun.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think you can defeat the magazine safety but its not something I have done yet.

I just added the Hogue grip to increase the reach to the trigger, this thing is tiny! Had to trim a little but it does make it feel almost like a normal sized pistol.

440 rounds so far. 100% reliable with Rem Bucket O Bullets, suppressed/unsuppressed. Pretty good reliability with a bunch of other ammo, including subsonic ammo. Worst would be Fed Champion in the White Box, but that was early on. I should shoot a few mags and see how it sounds suppressed.

This thing a blast to shoot! You guys are going to have fun.

I like!! I might have to copy you.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Unlike POTUS I have big hands :lol: The grips don't feel small, but I almost wrote in my earlier post that I could use an extra joint in my finger. Mechanically it works better if your trigger finger is more extended. I like your sights.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the mag disconnect. Its not a practical issue in a fun gun.

My suppressor has been in jail for 9 months and counting.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Unlike POTUS I have big hands :lol: The grips don't feel small, but I almost wrote in my earlier post that I could use an extra joint in my finger. Mechanically it works better if your trigger finger is more extended. I like your sights.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the mag disconnect. Its not a practical issue in a fun gun.

My suppressor has been in jail for 9 months and counting.

I am STILL waiting for my can and SBR (Ruger 22 Charger).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom