• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I put on on the spousal unit's rifle. It is made out of steel and it conducts heat like a SOB. They are cheap and do what they are supposed to. I put one on her rifle, because it is her first AR and I didn't want to put a SI rail or BCM rail on it for her, only for it to sit in the safe and do nothing. She got a light-ish rifle and I saved some money on it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I ended up just ordering the one in the link, which is constructed out of 6061 T6 Aluminum and hard coat anodized for superior finish and strength. I'm still trying to find a low mass bolt carrier, it seems there was a run on them recently since no one has one in stock that isn't $350+.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I ended up just ordering the one in the link, which is constructed out of 6061 T6 Aluminum and hard coat anodized for superior finish and strength. I'm still trying to find a low mass bolt carrier, it seems there was a run on them recently since no one has one in stock that isn't $350+.

Sorry. I got her the Charlie line. Even though they say it is aluminum, it doesn't dissipate heat worth a damn. After 30 rounds, the handguard was starting to feel warm. After 60 rounds it was getting toasty. After 90-120 rounds, it was hot enough that I had to put it down for a while.

I had a Strike Industries Mega Fins G2 on my 300BLK (swapped it for a BCM KMR to shave weight for deer hunting), and a friend has one on his 556. My buddy and I mag dumped about 100 rounds and didn't have any heat issues on the SI handguard.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I just put a 13" ALG EMR rail on my 6.8. I paid $112 for it and it's an incredible rail. Light and feels amazing in my hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom