• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Does anyone have any first-hand experience with concealment holsters for the Walther PPQ? I'm just hoping for a starting point in my holster shopping adventure :)

Side note, I'm a lefty.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I am also looking for one. It seems that PPQ owners have very few options at this point. And to make things worse I'm a lefty.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    gre24ene said:
    I am also looking for one. It seems that PPQ owners have very few options at this point. And to make things worse I'm a lefty.

Lefties unite!

Good to see others are in the same search that I am :p The annoying thing is being a lefty, I can't just walk into a gun shop and try things on bc most only carry right handed in stock. Also the fact that I haven't seen anytimg in store for the PPQ makes it tough. I don't really want to resort to buying something blindly online, only to not like it and have to return it.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I haven't bought one yet, but check out shielded holsters and kalubian cloak, they both make them for ppq. I ordered a shielded for my pps, if I like it I'm ordering one for the ppq too. I'll let you know

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Hotrod Diesel said:
    I haven't bought one yet, but check out shielded holsters and kalubian cloak, they both make them for ppq. I ordered a shielded for my pps, if I like it I'm ordering one for the ppq too. I'll let you know

Sounds good, keep me posted!

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Loose sweatpants and bikini underwear should do the trick. :rofl:

I tried mine in a Glock 17/22 Blackhawk holster and it didn't fit.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Baccusboy said:
    Theisholsters makes an IWB. Looks like crossbreed.

Yes, lots of places make holsters. Not trying to be a dick but I can search online and find 30 diff ppq holsters. What I'm asking if anyone already has one for the ppq and can vouch for its comfort/durability/etc... Any recommendations on things already owned.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    No experience with the ppq, but I have a few of Dale Frickes holsters and they compare favorably to the raven concealment holster I also have. Dale's an ordained minister and all around super guy to deal with, and he'll do custom work as well. The ppq's listed on his site under at least some of his holsters.

BigW

Tactical Geek
    Mar 19, 2012
    Bowie, MD
    Not very concealable but I use a Safariland ALS 6378 for the P99. Fits the PPQ like a glove and fits tightly against the body when worn on the belt.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk 2

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Ok (I'm in Utah visiting family) I went to sportsmanship warehouse and found several holsters that fit the ppq. Anything made for the Glock 20/21/37 or M&P 9/40 will fit the ppq like a glove. 1 i can vouch for from using in person is a Blackhawk Serpa for the Glock, but it fits PERFECTLY. (see picture for model #). I didn't buy the Serpa bc I'm a lefty and they only had righty in stock so I'm ordering that off their site for IDPA use.

I did buy an "uncle mike's law enforcement super belt slide holster" (see picture). That's a mouthful! It's ambidextrous. Size 15 fits the ppq. I bought this for concealment AND it works for open carry which I'm using while I'm here.

SIDE NOTE: If you're ever in Utah take the conceal carry class while you're here. It's only $100 for the class/permit instead of $165 if we take it in MD. I was going to take it but unfortunately the next class is the same time as my flight to come home :/

Attachments

• image-1845210834.jpg
      image-1845210834.jpg
      71.9 KB · Views: 115
    • image-35476633.jpg
      image-35476633.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 117

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    The Aftermarket is starting to catch up with this pistol... I believe Desantis and fobus make holsters specifically for the ppq. You could also go with one of the many custom kydex holster makers that are out there. Also i have heard that p99 holsters work great

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    About 2 months ago i got my occidental gun leather holster for my hk. They make great, comfortable holsters and the turnaround time is rather quick. They use ttgunleather patterns. I know that they offer certain holsters for the ppq. On a side note i ordered one of their gun belts also. Ive been using a beltman belt and mtac holster for a few years and i must say that i much prefer my newer set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom